Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I have a 23p fury on my 2019 Z19 with 200HP Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by steinybass View Post
    I have a 23p fury on my 2019 Z19 with 200HP Pro XS
    How are you liking the 23p Fury? I think during colder months my motor will turn my 24p just fine. I have always had a spare prop in the boat. Figured I would get a 23p Fury and run it during the hotter months.

Usually when any boat gets good lift and speeds over 65, you will feel every ripple, generally a good sign your boat is running well. If the water is slick and your getting a vibration I would be looking for it, without being in the boat, we can make swag's.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    A lot of people are going down to a 23p to get more rpm. Just from what I have heard they are not getting full RPM from a 24p on the 4 strokes. That all said, I own a 2 stroke Merc 200hp Z19 and you will never see more than 65-69 out of that thing. I hit 70 a couple times after breaking it in but that was also in forty degree water on Champlain in March in an empty boat with one power pole and hardly any fuel and no tackle.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lsufan334 View Post
    How are you liking the 23p Fury? I think during colder months my motor will turn my 24p just fine. I have always had a spare prop in the boat. Figured I would get a 23p Fury and run it during the hotter months.
    I am happy with the 23P fury. I think it preforms fine, no problem with the hole shot at all i am on plan fast and moving quickly. I was playing with my set up trying to get more than 66.4 with half a tank of gas and with my tackle. I have gave up on that since it runs fine where it is at. I am currently at 3.50 PTP height and does good there.

One of the biggest variable in performance is the driver...and not what you think... the driver's weight.

Single vs Dual console, 36v vs 24 v setups. Poles on the back.

I even always felt running a minnkota meant a loss of top end speed, from just the wind drag. One of the things I liked about Motorguide was there more compact stowing.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Usually when any boat gets good lift and speeds over 65, you will feel every ripple, generally a good sign your boat is running well. If the water is slick and your getting a vibration I would be looking for it, without being in the boat, we can make swag's.
    That honestly makes alot of sense. My last boat. Triton 189 TRX didnt get alot of bow lift no matter what I tried.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    One of the biggest variable in performance is the driver...and not what you think... the driver's weight.

Single vs Dual console, 36v vs 24 v setups. Poles on the back.

I even always felt running a minnkota meant a loss of top end speed, from just the wind drag. One of the things I liked about Motorguide was there more compact stowing.
    100%
    I have dual console, I upgraded to a 36v 112# system and added a pole for dual poles. So 4 batteries, another pole and the console weight alone can effect performance.

9. Member
    I have a 2021 Z19 on order with the 200 four stroke. I see that the 2021s are coming with a 10" jack plate vs an 8" for earlier years. I wonder what caused them to make that change?

10. Member
    With a wing master 2 lower unit merc wants 24” of setbac from pad to lower unit nose.
    this distance allows to lift lower unit unit 1/2” to 3/4” higher than a merc first generation torque master.
    lower slip numbers also are possible
    usly run one pitch lower than the 1st gem generation torquemaster and can see same same results

In my boat (z8 older bigger more hp I know) I have my gear InThe aft two drop in bins and only rods up front. This is best, my buddy's can drop their crap easily In The bow storage and it more than likely weights less than my gear. This is fastest top end and when fishing in rough water my bow sits a couple inches higher so I don't take wave over the bow.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

I have a 2020 Z19 dual console with the 200 proXS. When running, are you throwing any rooster tail? I’m reaching about 65mph no matter the hydraulic jack plate setting.

13. Member
    On my 2019 Z19 when i am running WOT i have no rooster tail.

Thanks for the reply steinybass!

15. Member
    Your welcome

I too dont have much of a rooster tail. My friend has a 23p Fury I am gonna try soon I hope.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lsufan334 View Post
    I too dont have much of a rooster tail. My friend has a 23p Fury I am gonna try soon I hope.
    That is the prop that i am running on my 200 pro xs now.

18. Member
    I do not know if this helps some one but I am running a 25Temp + and on a good day I can hit 71 mph but most of the time I run about 67 to 68 at 5650 rpm wot .I have a Z19 2017 with a 200 2 stroke .That is with 1/2 tank and 1 live well full and full load of gear one pole

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darrell e stanley View Post
    I do not know if this helps some one but I am running a 25Temp + and on a good day I can hit 71 mph but most of the time I run about 67 to 68 at 5650 rpm wot .I have a Z19 2017 with a 200 2 stroke .That is with 1/2 tank and 1 live well full and full load of gear one pole
    Yes it is important information. 71mph on the GPS or console gauge? What is your Pad to Prop measurement?

2019 Z19

20. Member
    What size vent plugs is everyone running for hole shot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast