93sv Navigation screen issue

​Was out fishing tonight and when turned on my 93sv on the bow the nav screen never came up with any map. Just a green screen and tracks. Same issue when switched to fish or perspective screens in navigation. I get same green screen. Does not change when zooming in or out.

Attached a couple pictures of my Bow unit and console mounted 93sv in same location. Tried reset to factory settings and no change. Anyone else had this happen or have thoughts?

IMG_0239 (1).JPGIMG_0240 (1).JPG
    Last edited by martinbs; 08-04-2020 at 11:52 PM.
    War Eagle 2072 LDBR - Mercury 150 4stroke - Hydraulic Jackplate
    Minn Kota Ultrex - Garmin 93 ultra bow and 126sv ultra at console

Are you running an Ultra accessory mapping card, or simply running the built-in mapping?
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Todd .... Thanks for your reply and I am just running the built-in map. Thinking maybe downloading from Garmin and installing it again?

Take and post a screenshot of the Settings>System>System Information>Software Information that lists the Built-in map information.

Have you recently tried to update the built-in map?
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    Got it back working. Went to pull the card from the unit to re-install the Garmin map and realized the card was lose in the slot when opened the window. Pushed it in to reseat and map came up properly.
    War Eagle 2072 LDBR - Mercury 150 4stroke - Hydraulic Jackplate
    Minn Kota Ultrex - Garmin 93 ultra bow and 126sv ultra at console

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Take and post a screenshot of the Settings>System>System Information>Software Information that lists the Built-in map information.

Have you recently tried to update the built-in map?
    How do you update the built in map. I have 2 -- 93sv and they have different versions. I don't see an update at Garmin for that..

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    How do you update the built in map. I have 2 -- 93sv and they have different versions. I don't see an update at Garmin for that..
    Yes, updates for built-in mapping and accessory card mapping are totally separate. Use either Garmin Express or ActiveCaptain to see your specific built-in mapping update. Note that with some of the units, the built-in mapping updates are too large to permanently transfer to the unit and the update card must be left in the card slot.
    Garmin Pro Team

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Yes, updates for built-in mapping and accessory card mapping are totally separate. Use either Garmin Express or ActiveCaptain to see your specific built-in mapping update. Note that with some of the units, the built-in mapping updates are too large to permanently transfer to the unit and the update card must be left in the card slot.

Well that sucks. The 93sv only has 1 slot, so if I update my built in map and have to leave the card in to use it then I can't run the Ultra card I purchased. I know its not an absolute but there is a possibility. Just when I was starting to half way like my Garmins and yet another issue...You would think they would put enough memory in the damn things to cover stuff like this. I mean these days its not a great expense to do. Just more BS

9. Member
    I'm no mapping expert but I don't see your complaint. WIth the 93sv you got builtin maps and a year of updates. What will be on those updates? Maybe some new lakes. Slim chance but they could have remapped your primary lake. Some more of the Navionics added. Then you bought the Ultra card. With it you get the same lakes, and many more features. And a year of updates to it. Don't know why you're disappointed you can't do both. Seems like now updating the builtin maps would be going backwards compared to the Ultra.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    Well that sucks. The 93sv only has 1 slot, so if I update my built in map and have to leave the card in to use it then I can't run the Ultra card I purchased. I know its not an absolute but there is a possibility. Just when I was starting to half way like my Garmins and yet another issue...You would think they would put enough memory in the damn things to cover stuff like this. I mean these days its not a great expense to do. Just more BS
    As Leonard said, in your case simply running the most recent Ultra card would be the best thing to do. With the Ultra card, you get all the contour information that would have been provided by updating the built-in mapping, plus the extra features that the Ultra card provided. Really no need to worry about updating the built-in mapping.
    Garmin Pro Team

11. Member
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^