True Thoughts on Lowrance Livesight

Guys, I would like your true thoughts on Lowrance Livesight and whether it is worth the price? I have the Live Units but still need to buy the transducer for the TM. Is it really worth the costs? I don’t have the money to go to Garmin right now. I’m thinking Lowrance will catch-up sooner or later but does that mean they introduce a totally new platform? Any info is appreciated!
    2019 Skeeter FX-21
    250 SHO
    Lowrance 16” Live & 12” Live
    Ghost TM

2. Member
    You should wait until October and then decide. Lowrance will be announcing new sonar units. I don’t know what it will be but I’m sure they’ve got something in the works.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

3. Banned
    I just installed LiveSight with Carbons so I have to use the PSI-1 interface. Installation on TM and set-up was simple enough but I am disappointed in the ranges I'm getting. I have only seen bait/fish out to 20ft or so when I know they are there further out. I may can get better results through usage and adjustments to transponder angle. The $300 rebate on the transducer (and $100 on PSI-1) was the biggest incentive to trying it out now. I expect future software updates will improve results, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Want2fish3 View Post
    Guys, I would like your true thoughts on Lowrance Livesight and whether it is worth the price? I have the Live Units but still need to buy the transducer for the TM. Is it really worth the costs? I don’t have the money to go to Garmin right now. I’m thinking Lowrance will catch-up sooner or later but does that mean they introduce a totally new platform? Any info is appreciated!
    If they do release something I hope they will work with the LIVE units. I have been holding off just hoping they release a gen 2 of livesight.
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

5. Member
    Similar to some posts above and on other threads - I installed Livesight knowing it was not exactly the same as Garmin Livescope (my buddy has a Garmin Livescope setup on a separate pole mount) but I was hoping for $700 (with Rebate) it would be service-able to find bait and suspended schooling fish. I am running the latest firmware and have the transducer mounted on a Ghost, displaying on a HDS Live 12.

I only have about 3 days on it - and there is a little bit of a learning curve - but you can see fish/bait moving and I could even track various baits - as small as a NED. However I could really only see fish and lures out to about 25, maybe 30 feet then nothing. The closer to the boat the better the return - I could hop a NED in the water column and see it clearly go up and down. I could track a 1/2 spinnerbait - out further than the NED but really not past 25-30 feet. It was easier for me to track lures and fish with the Trails feature turn ON. I tried cranking up the Sensitivity - but that only made everything in the 0-20ft range blown out (which was the only zone I could see fish with lower sensitivity). Beyond 30 feet I could see bottom contour changes - up or down but it was tough to see any structure or cover.

I am going withhold full judgement until i get some more time playing with it but I am hopeful a software update and/or more "seat time" will improve the range some. AND regarding a new version or new technology - even though I only recently installed this one, I would seriously consider new versions - as I really feel like it could help me on the water.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

6. Member
    Interesting info. I don’t have the money, at this point, to go with Garmin on the Bow. I can get a decent discount so might go ahead and do the Livesight Transducer and hope for the same on the update Jonathan. Thanks to everyone giving their opinions on this topic!

Todd
    2019 Skeeter FX-21
    250 SHO
    Lowrance 16” Live & 12” Live
    Ghost TM

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenheadz View Post
    If they do release something I hope they will work with the LIVE units. I have been holding off just hoping they release a gen 2 of livesight.
    I doubt you will ever see a Livesight for Gen 2. The Gen 2 does not have the computing power to run Livesight. You need substantial processor speed to operate Livesight.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I doubt you will ever see a Livesight for Gen 2. The Gen 2 does not have the computing power to run Livesight. You need substantial processor speed to operate Livesight.

You misread it, he wants the next generation of livesight (livesight 2.0) to work with his Live graph.

Jonathon nailed the review, I have the exact same results. Overall I love it, seeing the bottom contour changes out to 50' tells me where the biggest rocks are, brushpiles, weeds etc. Big advantage from my perspective.

10. Member
    Lowrance is definitely sucking hind tit compared to M360 and LS. I too am waiting for something to put up front with my Live 12. If Lowrance misses the boat again, ill have to buy another monitor. As it stands now I'm leaning towards M360.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XRD View Post
    Lowrance is definitely sucking hind tit compared to M360 and LS. I too am waiting for something to put up front with my Live 12. If Lowrance misses the boat again, ill have to buy another monitor. As it stands now I'm leaning towards M360.
    You should take into consideration what type of fishing you do. If you spend most of your time less than 20’ of water and fish weedlines, rocks, brush piles then M360 would be good. If you’re fishing deep water (20-50’) chasing smallmouth in open water then livesight/livescope is a better option.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

12. Member
    I just picked up a new boat that has a 12 live up front, I was going to get the transducer but after talking to a FLW pro that is with Lowrance he told me not to waste my money. He had all kinds of issues with it and finally sent it back. I will wait to see if Lowrance gets it figured out. He also said 25' was about max while using it. Nowhere near Garmin range