UFP oil bath hub cap.

Lost one of my ufp oil bath caps. Trailer is a Ranger Trail 2003. I have done some searching but I am having difficulty locating one. No, I don't want to go to grease. I like the oil bath hubs and don't mind doing the maint. required. 17 years and this is the first problem and lucked out no bearing damage. Any help will be appreciated.

2. Member
    There are a couple of sizes. The 1.980 fits my 2006 Champion SC Trailer.

https://www.trailerandtruckparts.com...00_p_5567.html
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

3. Member
    Pacific trailers or waymires.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    Called Ranger?
    Last edited by TomzRanger; 08-05-2020 at 05:28 PM. Reason: reworded

5. Member
    Yes, I would call Ranger to make sure you get the right cap. The ones I have are UFP. I have never lost a cap, but have had them come loose a couple of times, and the oil spills out. Amazing how little oil is required to keep these bearing lubed, which is one of the reasons I stay with with the oil bath hubs. I have the original axles and original bearing in my 21 year old trailer. When I service the hubs the bearings are in excellent shape.

I'd personally stay away from Pacific Trailer. If you have to return an item it's on your dime, and they have sent me the wrong parts twice and not the full order once. I'm done with them. Etrailer.com or trailerpartsdepot have been good to me.

6. Member
    Thanks for the info guys. I have one on the way.