New Tracker 175 TXW TE

Hello all, new hear on this forum. Just ordered a 2021 Tracker 175 TXW TE with a 75 hp Merc. My last bass boat was a 16 ft fiberglass with a 40 HP Force, nice little boat,a bit slow, but fished well, that was 28 years ago. I have never owned a Tracker and thought I would introduce myself to you and maybe you could give me a few tips on this model. I'm a bit rusty, just started bass fishing with a friend last year and now have the time to do more. Thanks and look forward to any suggestions and comments.

Jim

2. Member
    Welcome to the forum. Good boat. Hang around, scroll through old posts and feel free to ask questions. The search function works pretty well.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

3. Banned

4. Member
    Thank you.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Good boat. Hang around, scroll through old posts and feel free to ask questions. The search function works pretty well.
    Had no luck with the search, I have used them before, any suggestions. Thanks again.

6. Member
    You will like the 75hp. What trolling motor came on it? I have 2017 and need to upgrade the trolling motor, mine is 12V Edge. Thats about all you need. Some change props. Some add stereo or bluetooth speaker. Upgrade graphs maybe.
    1989 Coleman Crawdad
    55 lb Minn Kota Endura Max

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    You will like the 75hp. What trolling motor came on it? I have 2017 and need to upgrade the trolling motor, mine is 12V Edge. That's about all you need. Some change props. Some add stereo or bluetooth speaker. Upgrade graphs maybe.
    I upgraded to the Tournament Edition with the 24 volt system with the 70 lb Minn Kota trolling motor. I will pick up the boat in a few days. What is the top speed on your boat just curious, speed is not a big factor, but I went with the 75 hp for toting the grandkids on tubes.

8. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker175TE View Post
    I upgraded to the Tournament Edition with the 24 volt system with the 70 lb Minn Kota trolling motor. I will pick up the boat in a few days. What is the top speed on your boat just curious, speed is not a big factor, but I went with the 75 hp for toting the grandkids on tubes.
    I also have the 175txw with 75 4-stroke and with the stock aluminum prop 40mph is a pretty safe bet with you by yourself. For pulling kids on tubes I would give Powertech Propellers a call and see what they suggest for an upgraded prop. The stock Black Max prop doesn't carry the load very well at all in my opinion and you'll want more of a stern lifting prop for pulling the kids with. A 4 blade in 16p would probably be the way to go with your rig.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.