Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I wish i werent so lazy sometimes lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    Whos the guy that lived on Lanier for a year and planted tons brush piles before the forrest wood cup on lanier? He won too.
    Jacob Wheeler.
    When he first started out, lived out of a camper and fished Lanier most every day.

3. Member
    Common thing around here!you got to put the work in if ya going to play.Back years ago i kicker spot it was on a mud flat near a drop in 12' water i took a coke bottle and anchored it where it was floating 1' under the water every other day i loaded up buckets of old blocks and bricks and dumped them on it and then when i was done took one peice of willow and sank on top of it, i only fished it when i really need a kicker fish and only made 3-5 casts at it and left it always produced for about 4 years somebody found it and dumped brush all over it about a 20'x20' solid and killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    .....and the divers refused to go back down near the dam..............
    So you think Timmy is a liar?

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Professional Bass Fishermen don't cheat or bend the rules they were only doing a Public Service to increase Fish Habitat on those public lakes for the future enjoyment of fishermen visiting them.

They are usually too busy to participate in an organized Bass Club or Conservation Group Project so took it upon themselves during some of their free time to add some fresh habitat just because it happens to coincide with a lake they have an upcoming event on shouldn't diminish from their commitment to providing food and shelter for the poor the fish.

They only went back and caught a few to determine the overall health of the fish living there in the interest of wildlife management just because they had to take them a ways to get weighed properly shouldn't diminish their efforts on behalf of the fish as they only took the biggest and healthiest fish for the study and got them on television.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Not legal here
    Don't think anything is legal there.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

7. #FRB
    On my home lake it's LOADED with PVC structure game and fish dropped because dropping actual brush is illegal because it's a water works lake. The real organic brush seems to hold fish better though. Where I've been catching most of my gills there's a big pile someone dropped there a few years ago. I rarely bass fish it anymore because that spot gets more business than a cheap hooker. Got a couple big humps with no brush on them that I'd like to drop a couple big trees on each under the cover of darkness but too lazy to do it and too afraid of getting caught. There's a small water works lake up in the woods that is a dynamite crappie lake thanks to all the brush that's been dropped in it. It's a lake most people probably only fish once because it's hell getting there. I only fish it if I'm in someone else's boat because I'm not putting my boat and trailer though the drive there.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champy View Post
    Sorry, i was unaware of this practice, just seems unethical. Especially for the guys that travel to the tournaments and are not their home lake to spend the time to do this.
    I guess they can pay someone or have a friend place brushpiles all over the lake prior to a tournament and give the "pros" the GPS coordinates.
    But thanks, I just learned some more tournament tactics.
    We will be looking for you in MLF or BASS in a couple years now that you know the secret of success.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    *Brushpiles in the state of California could possibly be known to cause cancer*

10. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Jacob Wheeler.
    When he first started out, lived out of a camper and fished Lanier most every day.
    No he's talking about Luke Clausen he moved here for nearly a year before winning the FLW cup

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfool38 View Post
    No he's talking about Luke Clausen he moved here for nearly a year before winning the FLW cup
    Kevin Hawk is the guy I was thinking of.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Umckibben View Post
    Same here, your caught throwing piles of your yard waste into a public lake, they're gonna drag you into court.
    Unless they have changed, the Corps of Engineers regs prohibited dumping "illegal fill" into a COE reservoir, but I believe they could issue a permit to exempt brushpiles for their value as fish habitat and would issue permits to state conservation agencies for that purpose and sometimes as well as to individual citizens who followed the process and applied. I think some COE lake managers occasionally just looked the other way when it came to placing fish habitat in a lake, instead of following the permit process, but I wouldn't count on it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    Whos the guy that lived on Lanier for a year and planted tons brush piles before the forrest wood cup on lanier? He won too.
    Tom Mann Jr I think did this in BASS. Some even bought thousands of night crawlers and would bait the places up, then fish with worms that resemble the live food.
    Praying for a Cure

Illegal here as well. A local group gets a permit to do it on one lake though, although they dump PVC boxes with orange construction netting not brush piles. Its real good for the panfish when the lake drops in the summer.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

15. Member
    Don't throw cans of dog food around the brushpiles

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Tom Mann Jr I think did this in BASS. Some even bought thousands of night crawlers and would bait the places up, then fish with worms that resemble the live food.
    I believe thats also done using live crawfish .

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    On my home lake it's LOADED with PVC structure game and fish dropped because dropping actual brush is illegal because it's a water works lake. The real organic brush seems to hold fish better though. Where I've been catching most of my gills there's a big pile someone dropped there a few years ago. I rarely bass fish it anymore because that spot gets more business than a cheap hooker. Got a couple big humps with no brush on them that I'd like to drop a couple big trees on each under the cover of darkness but too lazy to do it and too afraid of getting caught. There's a small water works lake up in the woods that is a dynamite crappie lake thanks to all the brush that's been dropped in it. It's a lake most people probably only fish once because it's hell getting there. I only fish it if I'm in someone else's boat because I'm not putting my boat and trailer though the drive there.
    So putting organic brush is deemed unhealthy but putting poly vinyl chloride in is deemed OK?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Timmy Horton told us a story one time about him putting out brush piles on Pickwick. He said that he saw one that had washed up on the bank of Seven Mile Island so he pulls his boat over, jumps out, cradles the brush pile and sets it on his front deck. He went to a spot, tied a block on it, picked it up and threw it in. When it hit the water a 3 foot long cottonmouth came out of it!
    i bet he hasn't pick ,no more brush piles .

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffprocraft190 View Post
    Unless they have changed, the Corps of Engineers regs prohibited dumping "illegal fill" into a COE reservoir, but I believe they could issue a permit to exempt brushpiles for their value as fish habitat and would issue permits to state conservation agencies for that purpose and sometimes as well as to individual citizens who followed the process and applied. I think some COE lake managers occasionally just looked the other way when it came to placing fish habitat in a lake, instead of following the permit process, but I wouldn't count on it.
    most guys will cut brush from the shore line , not hauling yard debris to the lake, just take the saw and some rope to the lake
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASSBUZZ View Post
    Don't throw cans of dog food around the brushpiles
    you will defintly get the catfish stirred up with cans of dog food , I know a few that do that for catfish tournys , put it out a couple days before you plan to fish , put it in a cabbage bag, with a brick in it
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast