Thread: Touch up paint

Touch up paint

What is everyone using to touch up the paint on Ranger RT198P? I’m considering just going to a paint shop and try to get a match for my white ranger.

2. Banned
    Go to an auto parts place that has a paint shop, have them shot it with a paint code gun, and they can make a small bottle of touch up.

3. Member
    Seems like someone posted a Chrysler white that was a match. I bought whatever it was and indeed it matches.

4. Member
    I called Ranger and they sent me 2 bottles, but this was before Johnny bought 'em.

5. Member
    I have the same boat. I bought this and it matches pretty close! https://www.amazon.com/Chrysler-Dodg...omotive&sr=1-1

6. Member
    Not to hijack the thread but does anyone knows what code is the red one from ranger

7. Banned
    Mopar lacquer touch up paint pen, PW7. Should be able to find it on Amazon, etc.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by figueira View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but does anyone knows what code is the red one from ranger
    When I called ranger for mine, you had to give them your hull id#. They only make 3 or 4 colors but I had to provide my hull id or they wouldn't help me.

9. Member
    yeah only issue is that now ranger does not ship to canada due to the Covid.
    just trying to find a local source

10. Member
    Thanks

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by figueira View Post
    yeah only issue is that now ranger does not ship to canada due to the Covid.
    just trying to find a local source
    From what I understand they won't sell direct to the consumer now that Johnny bought them, either. You have to order it from your dealer.

12. Member
    I went to auto pain store & bought a small amoumt of pw7 it’s to white. I had some all purpose enamel from Sherwin Williams mixed them together until I got a close match. I also called ranger and got their formula but it’s from a coating company that didn’t have the information I needed. Thanks for everyone’s help I think my match is close enough.