Thread: Dbr kit

Dbr kit

Ok folks about to get dbr kit. I need thoughts and do I need flywheel and what else do I need to know
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Whether or not DBR is even offering a "kit" any longer.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

I have a "DBR Kit". Really the only thing to it is you send computer to flash. They return with Billet intake ring that goes over plenum, Allen screw that goes in to plenum where air sensor is now (air sensor gets tie wrapped to top of plenum CAREFULLY under flywheel) and carbon fiber cover that screws in front of cover after cutting a big hole in it (air mod).
    I like it. A lot of people say it is snake oil. It doesn't get you 5-10 MPH more. What it gets you is the ability to carry a load more efficiently with the added 20 pounds of torque, faster acceleration from low to mid range and, they claim, eliminating "lean spots" in Mercury's programming.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

And I don’t have a lightened flywheel on mine. Heard they can be erratic at idle but don’t know for a fact.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

5. Member
    I don't think DBR (Simon Motorsports) can sell a computer flash anymore. They can repair a PCM, but not re-flash it. I heard the Mercury legal department stepped in.

6. Member
    Well I am going to check
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    I don't think DBR (Simon Motorsports) can sell a computer flash anymore. They can repair a PCM, but not re-flash it. I heard the Mercury legal department stepped in.
    More on this in 4-stroke forum and you're correct.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

8. Member
    They do offer it for 300xs
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

I've had my DBR kit for 100+ hours on my 300xs. You don't pick up much on the top end but you do get a better holeshot and acceleration. Here is some videos done by Fastbass Marine:

I got my lightened flywheel and vented compressor pulley from https://madefi.com/shop?olsFocus=fal...owerhead-parts
    - Allison XB2003
    - Mercury Racing 300xs
    - A ride on the California Delta: https://youtu.be/9oTVcRWWKcM