Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AIRBNB owners or pros

I have been accused of a lot of things, however, being cheap is not one of them. With this, I have spent several trips at AIRBNB and had great experiences. Question... what has happened to the cleaning fees (at least in FL)? More than the room price. Had one room I was going to book that was 250 a night and ended up being 500! Are owners trying to push us back to hotels or catching up on lost revenue. To be clear (maybe its my wife), there is not a home that needs 250 bucks cleaning fee.

2. Member
    Totally agree with you. Got to be real careful when booking the place.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    I have been accused of a lot of things, however, being cheap is not one of them. With this, I have spent several trips at AIRBNB and had great experiences. Question... what has happened to the cleaning fees (at least in FL)? More than the room price. Had one room I was going to book that was 250 a night and ended up being 500! Are owners trying to push us back to hotels or catching up on lost revenue. To be clear (maybe its my wife), there is not a home that needs 250 bucks cleaning fee.
    So they were charging 250 per day cleaning fee ? Or was it 250 for the entire stay ?

4. Member
    That's pretty steep for a cleaning fee. However, I seem to recall some making you put down a refundable deposit for excessive cleaning and/or damage?

5. Member
    HD spy cameras are not cheap.

6. Member
    I noticed that recently as well. If you’re unhappy with a price message them and ask for a reduced price. We did that recently and it worked. Didn’t think the place was worth the asking price. Also, I’m not sure if it is COVID related or just a result of property values, as the property prices in the area we booked were high, so if an owner bought recently they would have to charge a high nightly rate over the limited rental season to pay the bills.

7. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    The "fees" being charged now are starting to get pricey as well.
    Air BnB, VRBO, Home Away etc. are all doing it now. Plus a lot of properties are being listed by property management outfits that are wanting a slice too.. And some properties are now making you buy the "damage insurance"..
    It's important to read the owner info and cancellation policies a little closer these days.

Used to be nice when you only dealt with the owners..

on a side note,, a lot of real owners now are leaving their contact info in the unit so you can deal direct with them in the future and avoid some fees.

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

8. Member
    You definitely have to pay attention. We recently rented an AirBnb for a week in Jackson, Wyo. It was part of a large operation, so there was a check in desk and clerk. There was a $90 pet fee that when we showed up, they said it was $90 a night, even though it was clearly spelled out as one time in the online summary. Nevertheless, they made me pay the additional $540 to keep the room, saying I “could take it up with Airbnb.” They were nasty about it, too. When I got home, I emailed Airbnb and they made the property owner refund my money. Kicker was the property owner emailing me an “apology for the mixup” and asking me not to put it in a review. Haven’t decided if I will do that or not.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    You definitely have to pay attention. We recently rented an AirBnb for a week in Jackson, Wyo. It was part of a large operation, so there was a check in desk and clerk. There was a $90 pet fee that when we showed up, they said it was $90 a night, even though it was clearly spelled out as one time in the online summary. Nevertheless, they made me pay the additional $540 to keep the room, saying I “could take it up with Airbnb.” They were nasty about it, too. When I got home, I emailed Airbnb and they made the property owner refund my money. Kicker was the property owner emailing me an “apology for the mixup” and asking me not to put it in a review. Haven’t decided if I will do that or not.
    I would give a negative review just so the next guy knows. Someone may have a vacation/honeymoon ruined because of that policy

10. Member
    [QUOTE=Jocephus;11296096] Someone may have a vacation/honeymoon ruined because of that policy[/QUOTE

He had to be forced to refund...negative review so next person can be aware.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    AirBNB has enhanced cleaning protocol due to Covid. The increased fees could be as a result of an extra deep clean between guests.

$250 cleaning fee? Crazy.

I know someone that buys houses for rental properties, he has a woman And her daughter clean the entire house before renting them. She cleans everything, walls, windows, cleans the cabinets inside and out, vacuum, cleans wood or laminate floors, bathroom—- 8 hours-$250.

13. Member
    You can only imagine what "cleaning" really happens. There was a case of virus at work. Corporate brought in a crew to "deep clean" the areas. They have a backpack sprayer with alcohol/peroxide mix. The nozzle was more of a mist cloud. Guys walked around misting. There were not on site for an hour. No telling what they charged for that.

14. Member
    Just had ServPro "Sanitize" a rental house. $500, less than 30 minutes
    GETFISHED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    I would leave neg review the owner only apologized after forced by AIR BNB

2009 ELITE 210

Last edited by juice780; 08-05-2020 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Wrong thread

17. Member
    Cleaning fee is because of COVID-19 going through this right now. It is a very exaggerated fee though
    Nitro z21

18. Banned
    Just got back from a week stay in an Airbnb. Felt the same way. By the time all the fees were added on, it almost doubled the room rate. Just post the dang total price instead of trying to hide it.

19. Member
    Could it possibly be because they have to completely sanitize the location after each stay due to Covid? Not sure if Airbnb requires that but would make sense.
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

We do not do Air BnB, but its tough to find good help that will clean, for under $100.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast