Should I have my fishfinders professionally installed?

Recently purchased a Garmin 73sv for bow and 93sv for console.

Problem is this is my first boat and I have no clue how to wire fish finders. I've read things about interference/bad install problems and I'm definitely looking to avoid that at all costs. Trying to avoid parasitic drains as well. I also don't have any wiring tools.

I know it seems silly but I'm just afraid of messing things up. I know I'm capable of doing it myself but it seems daunting. I would probably mount the physical units myself but I'm just wanting wiring help. What should I expect to pay for this?

Also just checking, but I should have these wired to my cranking battery, correct? Would I be able to run these graphs all day without worrying about my motor not starting at the end of the day?

I saw this yesterday and think that this would be a good idea. I guess you just buy the appropriate lithium ion battery and remove it to charge after fishing, then plug it into this before fishing. https://seelite.myshopify.com/collec...waukee-adapter Thoughts?

If you're not sure of your skills, have a local marine dealer do the install. Ask around and see who's good and who you should avoid.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Positive to positive, Negative to negative! Dc electric is very easy. Look up some install videos and see if its something you can do. Take your time and think things through! you can do it!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Positive to positive, Negative to negative! Dc electric is very easy. Look up some install videos and see if its something you can do. Take your time and think things through! you can do it!
    . What he said

5. Member
    What part of TX are you in? I’m just north of Houston, and would help you do it. It’s not very hard.

6. Member
    Start out on the right note and check wire size before the install.
    Pull heavier wire if needed and you’ll eliminate most of the install issues with a simple job.

7. Banned
    This could go both ways, but you’re probably more like to care about how it’s installed, than many
    shops.

My experience is that if you don’t install it yourself, or at least participate in the installation, you’ll wish you had at some point in the future.

I think it is one of the things that go with owning a boat.

9. Member
    ^^^^^^^

Knowing how your stuff is rigged makes it way easier to trouble shoot if you have problems down the road

10. Member
    Wire a blue sea fuse block directly to your crank or better yet an isolated electronics battery using heavy wire, I place my fuse block under console. Then directly wire each graph with correct wire to this fuse block. This isolates your power and is a clean install and very simple.

11. Member
    Also, solder all connections

12. Member
    Depends do you have a good shop close? If not I would attempt it. Watch a ton of videos and over specs in case you need more power later.

13. Member
    When I was figuring out which units I wanted to replace my HDS Gen 3 lowrance units with, I talked with technical rep departments of the 3 brands I was considering. Also I talked to several places that just specialize in marine electronics/trolling motors as well. My consensus was that even though they all said a problem unit can be out there, the vast majority of the problems they see are the result of the installation. Since I was spending a little north of $6k, I decided to have them installed from the place where I bought them. They also gave me an extra year parts and labor warranty. Plus they took me out on the water and showed me how to operate them.

14. Member
    Do it yourself !!! If you need help message me....
    I can message and share all details.... very easy to install and the money you save you can buy some tools