Caracal with Atlas Jack Plate

I'm thinking about putting an Atlas Hyd JP on my 2018 Caracal. Is it worth the $1700 investment?
    2018 Caracal 2019 225 4 Stroke Pro XS

It just depends on where and how you fish.

3. Member
    Mostly lakes. Some boats respomd well to a deeper setting for hole shot and high setting when running. I have noticed that there is not a lot of trim required. I have a 225 4 stroke Pro XS
    2018 Caracal 2019 225 4 Stroke Pro XS

Actually it’s reverse of that on most boats, though people run them that way in error. We have a newer parts staffer with 30 years in another company locally here. We are always discussing the same misunderstandings of performance and the two brands run totally different, though respond similarly to lower settings when running hard, and raising the plate for hole shot.

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by batcat View Post
    Mostly lakes. Some boats respomd well to a deeper setting for hole shot and high setting when running. I have noticed that there is not a lot of trim required. I have a 225 4 stroke Pro XS

5. Member
    I would go with the Bob's Machine Shop.....it is a much more solid mount but you do have to grease it occasionally. It will help prevent some of the motor bounce associated with the new Mercury's. soft motor mounts. IMHO
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

6. Member
    I have a Caracal with the Atlas plate and fish shallow in Florida and yes it helps for getting out of shallow water.

As Bass Cat pointed out...it goes right back down as soon as I’m on plane.

Not sure if this is the case with all Bass Cats but mine runs better low than high.

7. Member
    I have the same setup and yes its a must IMHO. I usually raise mine to 11 to get up and then drop it back down as it breaks over to 4.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

8. Member
    I second the recommendation for Bob's Machine jack plate. My dealer recommended Bob's over Atlas due to the easier maintenance and solid build. So far its been awesome.
    2021 Falcon F20 Predator
    2021 Mercury 250 ProXS

9. Member
    I have owned bass boats for 30 years...none with a hydraulic plate. My 2018 Eyra came with one. I will never be without again. Bobs is the best, Atlas 2nd IMHO.

I’ve got one and actually pretty disappointed. I had hoped to be able to bury it deep in rough water in st Clair to have better control. All the way down I’m only 4 inch PTP and all the way up it’s above pad (negative PTP). And yes, my G2 is mounted as low as is possible.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinCustody View Post
    I have a Caracal with the Atlas plate and fish shallow in Florida and yes it helps for getting out of shallow water.

As Bass Cat pointed out...it goes right back down as soon as I’m on plane.

Not sure if this is the case with all Bass Cats but mine runs better low than high.
    My Caracal has an Atlas and it definitely runs better down low. I raise it to get on plane and then drop it back down
    Basscat Caracal
    Mercury 225 ProXS 2 stroke
    Mercury Fury 4 24P

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SethRstein View Post
    My Caracal has an Atlas and it definitely runs better down low. I raise it to get on plane and then drop it back down
    That's how I do it with my Bob's on my Caracal. Great for shallow Florida water getting up!
    2021 Falcon F20 Predator
    2021 Mercury 250 ProXS

13. BBC SPONSOR
    I have a bobs and couldnt be happier with it on my caracal. same as the guys above with the bobs. High to start out and low once on plane
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by SethRstein View Post
    How high to you set it for hole shot in normal, deeper water?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

15. Member
    I have an Atlas on my Caracal. I raise it up to 10-12 on the hole shot and then run it around 5. That is a full load of fuel and livewells.

16. Member
    I have an Atlas on my 2016 Caracal. Probably not used it 10 times at the most and that was in skinny water.
    Basscat!

17. Member
    I have a atlas with G2 no issues use it mostly for storage, launches hard and will do 70+