Ranger repower to mercury pro xs v8

Hi guys, I am in the process of repowering my 2015 ranger z520C from a G2 to a pro xs V8. Ive been told that i need an adaptor or a harness in order for the original ranger keypad to work. Does any merc gurus on here know about this? I dont want a key start i want to keep it all original
    cheers

2. Member
    I empowered my 98 Ranger with a 20 175 pro xs and I needed a different harness if that helps. I then had to get another pigtail to hook up my smart guage

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    This would be a Ranger-Specific harness, based on their touchpad control system. Contact their Parts Department to see if they can assist.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member

Need the Ranger part number

Quote Originally Posted by Matt vaccaro View Post
    Hi guys, I am in the process of repowering my 2015 ranger z520C from a G2 to a pro xs V8. Ive been told that i need an adaptor or a harness in order for the original ranger keypad to work. Does any merc gurus on here know about this? I dont want a key start i want to keep it all original
    cheers
    Did you get the adaptor? I really need the part number since Ranger has not been helpful

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tightlinezz View Post
    Did you get the adaptor? I really need the part number since Ranger has not been helpful
    Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum. One engine/boat PER THREAD to avoid confusion (and post Hi-Jacking).

Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor