Ranger trailer question

I know this is probably a beat to death question but I have searched the older post and still a little confused. I bought a new to me 2006 Ranger 188vs with a ranger trailer.. both in great shape, the trailer is a single axle with brakes, and fiberglass fenders. I did check the axle brackets like I learned on here in the older post. But the trailer brake coupler is leaking fluid from inside somewhere. I know
    nothing about taking apart each piece and seals.. rather I am thinking just replace the whole thing that way its all new. But which actuator does it take.. 60 series?
    Any help.would be great!! Thanks Tommy

2. Member
    There should be a tag on the inside of the trailer frame c channel on the port side near the trailer jack stating what it has for a brake actuator.

If it's like mine its a 70LP. I am in the process of replacing it now. Take a look at the return line to the solenoid its a rubber hose (master cylinder to solenoid). Just might need to replace it.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

4. Member
    You can order the whole tongue assembly from Trailerpartsdepot.com Easy replacement like that.

5. Member
    I will check that hose.. thank you guys. I knew someone would know

6. Member
    Just replaced the complete slider on mine today. UFP 60 with disc brakes. Replacing the complete unit is the only way to go on our older trailers. Here's what I used. https://www.pacifictrailers.com/prod...c-brakes-34043. Single axle drum brakes take a #34039. This is for single axle trailers with UFP 60 hitches only. Tandom axle trailers use different sliders also so you must look up your particular application.

BTW reverse solenoids are no longer remotely mounted on replacement sliders but are still a direct replacement as long as you're replacing the complete slider.

7. Member
    I just replaced the 70lp on my 2006 ranger 188vs. You can buy this as a kit to replace the actuator but not the coupler. As far as I know the coupler is no longer available-why I don't know. The hardest part of this installation was joining the actuator to the coupler with a nylock nut and washer. I had to have my Grand Daughter thread the nut on for me because my fat fingers got in the way. Two lines on back of actuator, with one rubber 3/8" return line and the other a fitting. Bought a black spring hose clamp at a hardware store for the rubber hose. White plastic part snaps into 2 holes on coupler. The old style had 2 pieces of plastic which were a pain to put in. Also the bushings on the coupler are a little tricky to put in.