Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Loretta Lynn's MX is LIVE

Day one got underway this morning.

Below is a link for those who find watching the fastest amateurs in the country ride moto interesting.

https://racertv.com/2020/08/04/loret...pionship-day-1

I was there 17 years ago....got my teeth kicked squarely in...but I can at least say "I qualified for it".

2. Member
    Been watching all morning. That Levi Kitchen kid in 250B was hauling the mail.

I can’t wait to watch the pros race there. Wish I could go.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post
    Been watching all morning. That Levi Kitchen kid in 250B was hauling the mail.
    He sure was...that was a next level performance!!

Good to see KW back at the ranch!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I can’t wait to watch the pros race there. Wish I could go.
    Gonna be interesting for sure. I just wish they wouldn't have the amateur day there like they have at all of the other nationals......just doesn't seem right.

6. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Was watching some practice runs yesterday.

Not sure what their spectator policy is for the pro event this year (Aug 15); but I've got a tournament that day, anyway...

It's only ~5 hrs for me; I'll make it up there one day.
    Who controls John Gill?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post

Not sure what their spectator policy is for the pro event this year (Aug 15); but I've got a tournament that day, anyway...
    I think for that national they are allowing spectators.....not so much for the Red Bud double header though.
    Ya gotta make the trip to LL at least once.

8. Member
    How about Deegan's boy, Haiden, cleaning house in the 85 classes that he's entered in? He looks strong.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    Ya gotta make the trip to LL at least once.
    Agree

Been many times. It's an awesome event and a cool environment to be at. The track honestly kind of sucks, but the atmosphere is great.

10. Member
    The track honestly kind of sucks, but the atmosphere is great.
    Easily one of the most awkward, non-flowing tracks I have ever ridden.

11. Member
    Easily one of the most awkward, non-flowing tracks I have ever ridden.
    It's going to be brutal for the pros. It's a supermini track at best. For it to be included in the same series as a track like Red Bud is laughable, but obviously it's a strange year so I give props to the AMA for even making the series happen. I'm just thankful to have racing so I give them tons of credit.

12. Member
    Yep I totally agree. Plus I think it made sense for them to hold the event there due to logistic and that allot of pro's are normally close by for that week.

13. Member
    Dang wish I was younger and had a good dirt bike. Haven’t rode one in years. But still want to.

14. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Man that brings back memories. Qualified my self in 95 in the 80cc. Was fortunate to pack a first class ass whipping by one Ricky Carmichael. Dude was on another level. If he would have had 5 more laps he would have lapped 2nd place. Dude never let off the throttle. It was a fun expierence and makes you realize just how fast the pros are!!!

15. Member
    Track getting really beat up now. Kitchen was 5 seconds/lap faster this morning in 250 B Limited than the 250 B class is this afternoon.

16. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Track getting really beat up now. Kitchen was 5 seconds/lap faster this morning in 250 B Limited than the 250 B class is this afternoon.
    Ruts were definitely getting deep in the practice session(s), yesterday.

As already mentioned; it's a bit of a 'confused' layout, but the conditions should make for some interesting racing where "consistency" might be spelled 4-7-2 for three motos.
    Who controls John Gill?

17. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    That was a great Junior (25+) race.
    Who controls John Gill?

How about Deegan's boy, Haiden, cleaning house in the 85 classes that he's entered in? He looks strong.
    He has a YouTube channel and he can rip.

I think Deegans son will be the next big star. He has already created a huge following on social media

20. Member
    I'm blown away by the laptimes that the Supermini kids (Ryder D and Evan Ferry) were laying down in the next to last moto of the day. Ryder ran a 1:55.242 and Ferry wasn't far behind at a 1:57.040.... Again, this is the next to last moto of the day when the track is brutal.

For some perpsective, College (18-24) ran just two motos before those kids and the fastest lap of the moto was a 2:01.566. They were 6 seconds a lap faster on superminis than the winner of Collegeboy who was on a 450 (I assume). Only 3 guys faster in 250 Pro Sport. None in 250 B.

For even more perspective, the fastest lap all day was set by Matthew Leblanc (future Star Yamaha factory rider) at a 1:50.5 in 450 B which was the second moto of the day when track was perfect. He raced again in an early afternoon session (4th moto after intermission) in 250B where he won the moto and set the fastest lap with a 1:55.8.... 6 motos later the Supermini class goes out and Ryder D throws down a faster time on a Supermini. It blows my mind how talented these kids are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast