Minn Kota Terrova Sonar and DI issues

Hello,

I am a first time boat owner with a brand new Ranger Reata 1850 with all new Humminbird and Minn Kota equipment. I am having significant issues with my Terrova along with my Helix 8 Mega Gen 3.

I have a Helix 8 at the bow and a Helix 9 at the console both networked.

About two months ago, the Down Imaging stopped working on the Terrova to my Helix 8. During my last outing over the weekend, I lost 2D sonar and depth readings. I then started getting messages about Mega 360 not working even though I don't have Mega 360...

Even though I am a novice, I believe I had the settings right to use 2D and DI from the Helix 8/trolling motor as it previously worked well. I was also able to use the DI from my rear transducer on the Helix 8 after failure.

After further research, I am concerned I have broke my trolling motor.

• I have left the trolling motor plugged in while charging the battery
    • I have left the sonar/DI on while the trolling motor is out of the water (sometimes for 1-2 hours at a time)
    • Sometimes, I have let the cord get really wrapped around the unit which I'm assuming puts a lot of pressure on the connections
    • I hit structure 3 months ago that did put some scratches and dents into the unit and I had to replace the prop (pictures below)

20200804_053559.jpg
    20200804_053550.jpg

Basically, I am looking for any troubleshooting tips and guidance on how to proceed. I am still under warranty so I am hesitant to take the head cover off to check the connections. If I fried the control board in the unit, does it go slowly or all at once?

Thanks and this board is a great resource!

2. Member
    Could really use some advice here. Thanks!

3. Member
    Call Minn Kota, Just tell them whats not working and ask them what to do. Or bring it to an ASC to get it fixed. That scratch should not keep it from working. Bob
    Service locations: https://www.minnkotamotors.com/suppo...oviders/locate
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    Thanks everyone for the replies. Somehow the connected transducer got changed and changing it back to the correct one fixed the issue.