I have a Helix 10 SI Mega networked to helix 9 mega and Bluetooth ultrex. Last week i started running SI with contour mode shut off for the first time. During that trip I noticed my left side SI was bright and brilliant for the first 1/4 of the image but beyond that it was darker, images still thee but just darker as if the back lighting was not functioning properly. The day ended and I had "My Helix is going bad" on my mind. I though it through and realized it was the first time i ran the unit without contour mode.

As a side note, prior to going dark I also messed around with my transducer settings a bit. I was mapping out some areas on Mille Lacs and wanted to see what the various ducers did. I ended up setting back to Mega. Sometime after that the darkness set in. Also been fishing at night quite a bit of late, we have been using Night mode quite a bit. All potential factors that could cause a darker scree in my mind. Not gonna lie, I was panic stricken by the darkness thinking the worst. Due to Covid Fishing is really all we got in Minnesota (thank god hockey is back), we only have a couple months of fishing left before we turn back into an ice berg. Did not want to be without my helix.

So after thought, the next day I turned contour mode back on, still darker. Next, recalling all the issues resolved by restoring birds i decided to restore factory defaults. Bingo, perfect brilliant Mega imaging again across the screen. Been perfect ever since.

Sharing because I occasionally see issues like this reported. I think we all forget the level of technology, one boat network, on our boats. I dont think an occasional restore is a bad idea even if you don't have issues. If you think about it, you even have to reset your desktop, phone, laptop, ipad from time to time to make them work optimally.

Ultimately this is just a friendly reminder to not forget the power of restoring factory defaults if an issue arises. Hope it helps solve someone else' issue.