Thread: Tims Ford?

Tims Ford?

Haven't been in years but gonna take my fiance to eat and do a little fishing sat morning. Putting in at holiday marina. Anybody been? Would like to put her on a couple fish.
    1999 Blazer 202 pro v 200 mercury efi

2. Member
    Been a while since I have been there as well. From past experience this time of year is night fishing will be much better than in the day. If I was going on Saturday morning, I would be on the water at first light, off by lunch, and have a small grub tied on, blue flash or june bug and fish the "rounds" in the pockets. I know, not much help.

3. Member
    I tried to fish some main lake points, and flip some docks last saturday around devils step. The lake was absolutely rough with all the pleasure boaters and wind. Had to run towards the river to get away, but can't give much other than that. Prepare for the wake boats.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

Thanks guys. Ya we'll stay close to holiday marina and crank mostly. I might flip a jig and may tie her on a grub alomg with the crankbait. And we'll be of by lunch time.

5. Member
    Unfortunately this is the first year in 20 years i haven't fished any weekly tournaments.. ill ask a couple of buddies and try and get you some info.

6. Member
    -
    Last edited by mrc; 08-05-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    Unfortunately this is the first year in 20 years i haven't fished any weekly tournaments.. ill ask a couple of buddies and try and get you some info.
    Thank you. Really just trying to get out and catch a few. Been several years since I've been there and it was normally always winter when I go.

8. Member
    You could also go to Woods Reservoir. It typically has a lot less boat traffic.

9. Member
    He fished last night said there was alot of shad mid lake before dark with a few busting.. he caught some late on 1oz spinnerbait but thats not going to help you. Sorry i couldnt be any more help

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    You could also go to Woods Reservoir. It typically has a lot less boat traffic.
    She doesn't like woods says the waters dirty haha. But I wanted to take her to tims because I've been telling her I'd take her to eat at bluegill grill.

He fished last night said there was alot of shad mid lake before dark with a few busting.. he caught some late on 1oz spinnerbait but thats not going to help you. Sorry i couldnt be any more help
    Thanks. Maybe they'll be some shad around turkey creek.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaharacer View Post
    Thanks. Maybe they'll be some shad around turkey creek.
    There should be, fish around the back bridge there also. if you haven't been to twin creeks its pretty nice also. But i like blue grill and hard docks also!

There should be, fish around the back bridge there also. if you haven't been to twin creeks its pretty nice also. But i like blue grill and hard docks also!
    That's my favorite place in the whole creek. Will def hit it first.

Well we had a fun time. Only caught one fish bout 15 inches and had several more come up and hit a top water. Only thing I could get them to hit was a whopper plopper and most were right on bank. Thanks for all the advice. Def won't wait so long to go back.

15. Member
    That's a good lake. I have lots of great memories with the ex and her family there.

16. Member
    Good early morning plopper bite on secondary gravel points (also a white and chartreuse spook if plopper too much). As sun rises get the biffle bug out and move to 10-20 feet same areas, and agree that one wants to be off water by “wake boat” startup. Couple of creeks with springs in the back that can produce an all day shallow bite on spinnerbaits and wacky worms.