Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I do find it hard to believe a guide thats a toury fisherman is going to show you that much other than community spots.

Personally the fun is figuring it out for me.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarpfisher View Post
    Fresh water guide trips are a total waste. I have never had what i would call a good trip for bass or striper.

salt on the other hand have all been pretty good.

I pretty much feel the same way. Except catfish. Trophy blue cat trips in the winter are legit.

3. Member
    Seems pretty suspicious to me no guide and no Lake is named. Just saying.......

4. Member
    Word of mouth is best way to go. Years ago did guided goose hunt, guide had a package for season so I bought it. Geese were flying everyday except we I went, he said things were slow when I arrived.

went with word of mouth for guided trip in AK, awesome time. Many hunts out to MT with same outfitter and the guys were friends after first trip.

sorry to read about your experience. Lying is just wrong be honest, most people will understand a slow day. Fishing when things are tough is not right unless he would have asked.

5. Tico
    Most bass fishing guides are not very good compared to good tournament anglers, but guiding for bass on public water is tough when the emphasis is on catching. Many clients are not very good anglers either and their casting mechanics can be very bad. Mix that with the typical high expectations everyone has when launching the boat and you end up with some level of disappointment.

Wonder why guides take clients to dink holes???

6. Member
    A friend and I were fishing in the Kissimmee Chain out of Lake Cypress years ago where his Dad had a cabin on stilts by the boat ramp. As we were coming in about noon one day we overheard a guide at the ramp tell his 2 customers, " well boys, I'm sorry you didn't catch any fish, but you know I still have to charge you." It was to the tune of $250.00 each for a half day of fishing! The ironic part was my friend and I had 7 bass, all around 5 lbs. I told my buddy we should go into the guide business. If your a guide and can't catch bass on the Kissimmee Chain, maybe you should get a job at 7-11!

7. Member
    Our lake has been pounded for weeks .Guides are still having good 4-5 hour mornings with 20-25 fish trip average and most days a fish around 5

8. Member
    went out with Taro Murata with my brother and buddy on Simcoe 2 weeks ago, we had a 27 lb bag of smallmouth...hard to beat that.

not all guides are created equal
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    It is called fishing not catching. With that being said the lying about your day was very unprofessional and unethical.
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    And glad you understand you are paying for the experience, equipment for the day, and (hopefully) intimate knowledge of the lake and current conditions. Having all that doesn't guarantee fish though.

10. Member
    My Guess it was Bull Shoals by the while me and the guide were trying to catch them on the graph in tops of trees!!, comment and pretty sure I know who. he posts a lot on facebook

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Seems pretty suspicious to me no guide and no Lake is named. Just saying.......
    Not trying to dog the guy out and ruin maybe his one and only bad fishing day hes had in 10 years....Just wondering what guys thought of how it all went down.yes im ticked but ill get over it and I may or may not try another guide.

12. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    Wonder why guides take clients to dink holes???
    LOL for most people it beats getting skunked while grinding for a couple big bites.

As for guide trips I've been on two of them when I was a kid (6 and 7). Both on the White River for trout up in North Arkansas. At age 6 I landed a 4# brown trout and the guide coached me during the whole fight. Right after dad reeled in a 4# brown. The guide had two rods baited with a skulpan that he casted to a couple browns he had seen on the way out. Second year we killed em too. When the guide would cast out for me he'd have to set the hook before handing me the rod because the bait was getting slammed so fast.

The year before the two above experiences I had that wee very memorable even though that was over 30 years ago dad won a guided trip on the White at the boat show. Water was churning and the guide couldn't see the front of that 20' jon boat. Dad was at the front and couldn't hear the guide yelling "WATCH FOR THE DAM!". All of a sudden BOOM the boat hits the dam and they drop the chains to hold the boat. Dad and his buddy from work have the wildest 45 mins of fishing they've ever had. He said the first trout he catches over 7 he's getting mounted and then lands a 10# female brown. Right after was a 7.5# male brown. He wishes he woulda gotten the big male mounted because it was way prettier but he got the larger female mounted. They caught several others too under the cover of fog. Dad was using a Countdown Rapala. On the way back the guide darts off into a spot and tells dad and his buddy that if anyone asks this is where they caught those fish. They get back to the lodge at Stetson's and the guide is talking about their morning with the other guides and dad hears the other guides talking amongst themselves that they know exactly where they were and it was illegal being right up against the dam like that. The next year dad's buddy and his son have that same guy while we had on older fella who was great with kids and put is on fish with two of them being nice browns.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

13. Member
    I know a few guides I'd like to fish with.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345