Need a little help with a idle issue on a 150 pro xs

Hey guys,

I have a buddy with a 150 pro xs (2B399833) and he brought it to me having some issues at idle! Basically the engine will crank up and fire but won’t idle on its own unless you hold the throttle at 1k rpms or so. He changed the plugs himself and didn’t bring me the old ones so I didn’t get to look into those very much.

The engine runs just like a car motor with a large vacuum leak it doesn’t want to idle without help. It doesn’t misfire or seem to be down a cylinder. At first I thought it was a problem with the tps sensor but after testing that it seems to be ok to me. At idle position it’s about .95v and seemed to have good consistent voltage all the way to the wide open position ending in about 4.5-5 volt range!

I checked the throttle cable/hot foot and made sure that was good and all seemed to Be good in that area. To be sure I disconnected the throttle cable in the motor and it still doesn’t want to idle on its own.

I did a cylinder drop test and all cylinders seem to be operating. I have not done a compression test yet but was going to just to be sure.

Based on reading some other posts with guys having similar symptoms I was thinking a bad reed or tracker valve but not sure what the exact diagnosis procedure is for that or what other possibilities are. Wondering if you guys could give me some tips on how to test fuel system components on this motor before I go tearing the intake off to inspect the reeds!

thanks for taking the time to read my post and your input is appreciated

thanks

2. Member
    Wrong boards Sir your motor is not a 3.0 liter.