Opinions on Minn Kota Chargers?

Looking at the Digital 3 bank/5amp model or the Precision 3 bank/6amp model. Is the Precision one worth the extra money? Should I pay extra for a 10 amp model? It would be replacing original Dual Pro in a 2003 Ranger. Also should I replace the 60 amp breaker? Original is working fine just wondering what the life span is. Thanks
    Last edited by JHenry; 08-03-2020 at 09:59 PM.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Depends on what batteries you use and how often you fish two days in a row.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Usually just one day a week, agm starter and lead acid trollers. Is there a quality difference between the Precision and Digital models?

4. Member
    The PC series also allows you to select battery type (wet, AGM, gel) for each bank where the digital series does not. Also of the two you are considering, the PC is much lighter. I prefer the faster charging of a 10 amp model for my needs and believe that faster charging will increase battery life.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHenry View Post
    Looking at the Digital 3 bank/5amp model or the Precision 3 bank/6amp model. Is the Precision one worth the extra money? Should I pay extra for a 10 amp model? It would be replacing original Dual Pro in a 2003 Ranger. Also should I replace the 60 amp breaker? Original is working fine just wondering what the life span is. Thanks
    I opted for the Precision in lieu of the Digital 3 bank 10 amp charger, as it was smaller (better fitment in the battery compartment). I opted for the 10 amp version, as I wanted peace of mind not having to worry about whether the batteries would be charged if I wanted to fish back-to-back days. If I were you, I would choose either the Precision or Digital (depends on which batteries you run and how much room you have available to mount) and the highest amp rating you can.

6. Member
    All 4 batteries are AGM as of this year and have a 460PC. Took a little while to get it 'dialed in' but love it after 5 years.