Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Put a fork in it....think college football may be done for 2020.

I’m thinking college football may be done for 2020. With everything that has come out and has been stated or revealed in the last few days. I know they will fight tooth and nail to keep it due to the much wanted revenue but not sure there is anyway around it.
    Last edited by bassin_man; 08-03-2020 at 09:45 PM.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

2. Dogfish_Jones
    It will be interesting to see what happens.

3. Member
    Good. Sports should only be played if they can keep the players safe. They are not allowing students to go to class, but it’s ok to play sports. Doesn’t make any sense. (Conference Only Schedule) anything to make money. Hypocrisy.

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    If they can’t play baseball without more than half of a team becoming infected, football and basketball aren’t going to work.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    Thanks

6. Member
    Not looking good.

7. Member
    Big 12 said they are playing a 10 game season

8. Member
    It ain't happening, never had a chance. Neither does sending all these kids back to our public school campuses

9. Member
    My prediction is they'll play in the spring. Season will kickoff in February with non-conference games in the south then a short conference season with no bye weeks. Some top NFL prospects will waive out but some will play. Not much going on then and we'll likely have a vaccine in January.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    If they can’t play baseball without more than half of a team becoming infected, football and basketball aren’t going to work.
    I read an article about that. Basketball and hockey are locking down their players. They can't go home and have to stay inside the team hotel between games. Baseball did not put any restrictions on their players. There were reports of them going to clubs and out to eat. Then they would come back and infect the rest of the team. I think the NFL learned from this. Yesterday it was on the news that the New Orleans Saints will be sequestered in the Lowes Hotel.

Data is showing that the novel virus is no more deadly than the common flu for people under 25. The head of the CDC said in an interview last month that sadly there are more high school age kids dying of suicide and drug overdoses now than the virus. We need to reopen schools and playing sports along with other extra curricular activities is a part of that.
    Last edited by sdbrison; 08-04-2020 at 08:35 AM.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

12. Member
    Guess everybody needs to sit in their living room for the rest of their lives or until the banks show up to repo their belongings. And then, while you live on the streets, make sure you practice social distancing. No closer than 6ft.
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Combs View Post
    Guess everybody needs to sit in their living room for the rest of their lives or until the banks show up to repo their belongings. And then, while you live on the streets, make sure you practice social distancing. No closer than 6ft.
    Most sane post in this thread. People are going to start losing their homes and vehicles. The government can't write checks forever.

I thought the original idea was to stop the coronavirus from overwhelming our hospitals and medical system? Since that never happened, why are we acting like every person that has been infected has to be breaking news? Kids aren't going to play sports because of a virus with a 99.94% survival rate?? I better not drive to work tomorrow, there might be a truck cross the line and hit me head on, I better just stay home and play it safe.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

15. Banned
    It would be stupid to think you can do football when nothing else would fly with close contact a key part of any gathering whether it is a sport or anything else.

16. Member
    College football should be played in Sweden where everything is still open and no lockdowns occurred.
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Combs View Post
    Ditto.
    The mentality that has been thrust upon us has greatly damaged my 25 year old business. I have never seen anything like this.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    ... I better not drive to work tomorrow, there might be a truck cross the line and hit me head on, I better just stay home and play it safe.
    Yup, your chances of dying in an automobile accident are a lot higher... Dan

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    Most sane post in this thread. People are going to start losing their homes and vehicles. The government can't write checks forever.
    I agree we can’t stay in and hide forever.

Send students back to school now , let NFL take a few years off .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast