Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

BPT Contracts Null/Void?

Anybody catch on Low Budget Live today that Dunkin said that the BPT contracts are null and void? Effectively meaning that anglers who want to leave no longer have to pay the $25,000 per remaining year (so $25,000 at this point). Throws an even bigger wrench into those who would like to return. Sorry if this may be old news, today's LBL was the first I had heard of it.

Also this was my first post and tried to find any info on this posted beforehand, didn't see anything!
    2004 Ranger 175VS w/ Evinrude 115 DI | Dual Power Poles | 80 Ultrex | Humminbird Helix 9's

2. Banned
    First I’ve read on it, not many of them can really go anywheres though. Maybe 2-3 if BASS will let some legend exempted in. I feel like a few of the BASS OPEN guys will be let in first though. Although Nixon sure sounded like he was heading to BASS in his last interview.

It doesn’t matter which side of the fence..

The grass tastes just as ch!tyy...

4. Member
    What's really funny about you saying that is at the Columbus fishing expo here in Ohio, one of my friends talked to him about that and he was already making sure things were in place to get his exemption. This was back in February so it was nice to hear he was still going that direction in his BTL interview.
    2004 Ranger 175VS w/ Evinrude 115 DI | Dual Power Poles | 80 Ultrex | Humminbird Helix 9's

I have not heard anything about it but the Luke Dunkin, MLF relationship is about like the Romans and the Jews...I don't think I would put a lot of faith about what he has to say about MLF based on their past history. Now if you can show me a pod cast like BTL, Ike Live or Let's Talk Fish and they are talking about this I would put a little faith in it and do some research on the topic, but if Luke has something to say about MLF I pay no attention...nice first post though

I figure there are several that are chomping at the bit to get back to BASS but they won’t make it. Gonna be a long road for some.

7. Member
    You gotta take anything he says with a grain of salt. His entire podcast has turned into an I hate MLF anything show. Maybe hes right or maybe hes wrong but thats not who I would seek out for factual info.

8. Banned
    Everything Luke has said, has come true. He has a fox in the hen house. I think he does a good job, better than many others out there.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Everything Luke has said, has come true. He has a fox in the hen house. I think he does a good job, better than many others out there.
    Not really. He recently had to retract what he was saying about the payouts of the BPT.

10. Member
    You don't have to be much of an attorney to see that when two parties agree to a contract, and one of the parties does not fulfill his obligations to the contract, you no longer have a contract. Now if both parties agree to amend the previous contract, you then have a new contract. The BPT contract is now unenforceable.

11. Dogfish_Jones
    If certain guys want to come back to BASS, I’m thinking they would increase the field from 88 to whatever number it would be settled on to accommodate those anglers.
    If you had a Jordon Lee, Ott Defoe, Edwin Evers, Jacob Wheeler or even a KVD type asking to come back it would be hard to say no. If those type anglers leave it might be hard for them to compete on the scale to make a profit.
    Lets just say BASS decides to increase the Elite series to 100, and get those big hitters back under the BASS trademark would be very interesting. I would vote for it.

12. Banned
    Lol, that guy will literally say anything he can in an attempt to throw MLF under the bus. Like some crazy jilted lover that can't just let it go.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    If certain guys want to come back to BASS, I’m thinking they would increase the field from 88 to whatever number it would be settled on to accommodate those anglers.
    If you had a Jordon Lee, Ott Defoe, Edwin Evers, Jacob Wheeler or even a KVD type asking to come back it would be hard to say no. If those type anglers leave it might be hard for them to compete on the scale to make a profit.
    Lets just say BASS decides to increase the Elite series to 100, and get those big hitters back under the BASS trademark would be very interesting. I would vote for it.
    They will keep the current 88 if they choose to return. They will add 12 from the Opens, and have the option to add 2 from past champions provisional. They will be over a hundred next year.

14. Banned
    So, just let anyone that wants back in, or only those that have met the qualifications to get back in(legend, AOY, Classic winner or whatever they are)? Sure would be a tough pill to swallow for the BASS OPEN guys who have tried to get there during these MLF/BPT years.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    His entire podcast has turned into an I hate MLF anything show.
    If i had a podcast mine would be the same way. I absolutely can not stand MLF. I've watched a part of one show & have never turned on another one. I'm a Christie, KVD & Thrift fan, but i'm not going to watch it to see them. I hope all three end up at Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    So there are even more negative guys out there than him?

17. Member
    BASS would make a huge mistake letting all those guys back. It would cause a lot of people to turn on them just like they did MLF. Maybe they all go to the new tour coming out if they cant get back in. I dont think the top 40 would leave though. The bottom 40 may be questionable but maybe 15-20 ditch out over the next 2 years based on going back to BASS. You figure they risked it all to get in on a new trail with MLF, it would probably cost them all their sponsors to go to the new league again. Anyway, we will be seeing pretty soon. Whether Luke has that grudge against MLF or not he does know guys over there, evidently he knows the ones that arent happy. My bet is hes probably right about the contract but it doesnt mean a bunch leave because they may not have a place to go.

18. Member
    Have you seen how much Jordon Lee, Ott Defoe, Edwin Evers, Jacob Wheeler have in winnings ? I doubt they go anywhere. KVD wont either as hes not exactly hurting for the $$.

If I were a betting man I would be looking at the guys in the bottom of the field. People are typically really happy when they excel at something and not so much when they suck.

19. Member
    There are some names on that list that will have to fish their way back to BASS. They will NEVER get a free pass back.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    So there are even more negative guys out there than him?

How many podcast have you listened too? There’s some really bad ones, I’d rate Dunkin’s 3rd or 4th, depending on what you like to listen to.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast