2007 200 transducer leveling

Wondering if any of you have a 200 or 198 and have leveled your structure scan transducer using the quarter method? Wanted to see if you remembered how many quarters you used so I could try and get my transducer close to level before I put it in the water. Also, where do you have your transducer mounted with the champs having the inset step below the transom? Thanks for the help!

2. Banned
    198 here, mounted my lss on the jackplate. The nose sits high, so just make sure the back of the ducer sits a tad higher than the front.

3. Member
    2006 198 with a slidemaster manual JP. There is space behind the JP. If you choose to go this way........

I used 3/4" self tapping screws, 1/2" will do and won't be sooooo close. Started with an LSS1, have a SS3D on there now.

After you get it on the water if you have a Point 1 antenna and Lowrance unit. Easy leveling of your transom transducers.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ducer+leveling
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

4. Member
    Thank you Ed!! Excellent pictures. I think I have the exact same slidemaster jack plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed R View Post
    2006 198 with a slidemaster manual JP. There is space behind the JP. If you choose to go this way........

I used 3/4" self tapping screws, 1/2" will do and won't be sooooo close. Started with an LSS1, have a SS3D on there now.

After you get it on the water if you have a Point 1 antenna and Lowrance unit. Easy leveling of your transom transducers.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ducer+leveling