Thread: 4 beeps?

4 beeps?

Today I hit mud in shallow water, when I tilted my 2005 225 pro xs ser# 1B174045 to check my prop I cut the primer bulb and then ran the engine out of gas. I replaced the bulb and got the engine restarted but now I’m getting an alarm of four beeps. Does anyone know what this alarm is?
    1995 procraft V200DC
    2005 225 opti pro xs
    serial 1B174045

2. Member
    Did you get all the mud out of the cooling system?

3. Member
    I think so. It is peeing nice and strong. Problem there is my old style gauges don’t work with the newer motor, I’m in the process of getting mercmoniter gauge to get all info. I can say it did not seem to be running hot by feeling the pee stream but once the alarm started I loaded it on the trailer and brought it home. Is it possible I have air or vapor lock in the fuel system? It took a lot of turning over to get it running once I changed out the fuel bulb
    is there a process to back flushing the cooling system?
    Last edited by crashj; 08-03-2020 at 09:01 PM.
    1995 procraft V200DC
    2005 225 opti pro xs
    serial 1B174045

4. Member
    No way to know what the alarm is without having the faults read, but my guess is either too hot because something is clogged, you feel you have eliminated that so it may be too cold because some residual sand or other particulate is holding one or both thermostats open. There are how to/FAQ in the stickies at the top of the main section page.

5. Member
    This is the only way to accurately determine your problem.....Click on this >>>> "My warning horn went "Beep".... or "Beep Beep Beep Beep""

6. Member
    Thanks guys, I figured it needed to go to the dealer for fault code readings that’s why I loaded it and brought it home with me. I have read this link more than once and know that it needs to be addressed. I was just hoping it was a simple fix after running it out of gas. Lesson here I think is “don’t run your motor into the ground/bottom.”
    The lake where I camp has a dam that has ongoing maintenance this year and the lake is about five feet lower than normal.
    1995 procraft V200DC
    2005 225 opti pro xs
    serial 1B174045

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crashj View Post
    I think so. It is peeing nice and strong. Problem there is my old style gauges don’t work with the newer motor, I’m in the process of getting mercmoniter gauge to get all info. I can say it did not seem to be running hot by feeling the pee stream but once the alarm started I loaded it on the trailer and brought it home. Is it possible I have air or vapor lock in the fuel system? It took a lot of turning over to get it running once I changed out the fuel bulb
    is there a process to back flushing the cooling system?
    Just for the record the pee stream temperature has nothing to do with the motor temperature.

8. Member
    Is ur bulb in the splashwell. If so when u cut it u may have sucked water in ur filter. Take ur low pressure fuel filter and check for water. Could be water in fuel alarm.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rchavis View Post
    Correct only on the older 2.5 motor's . The pee stream come off the head's.
    Sorry, but that's wrong because the engine being discussed is an Optimax which, regardless of displacement, has a completely different cooling system. As KenHo indicated, telltale on the Optimax has nothing to do with engine cooling system as it is compressor coolant outlet only. An overheat could be engine, compressor, or BOTH and would produce a continuous tone not 4 beeps.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

10. Member
    Sorry for the delay in closing this up guys but after I got it to the dealer to find I had indeed sucked a lot of water in that cut bulb I went right back out to the lake. Fishing has been phenomenal this year. I can’t quite figure that out though what with the lake being drained down 5-6 feet this summer. Thanks to all who chimed in, that’s what makes this forum great for all us with lots to learn!
    1995 procraft V200DC
    2005 225 opti pro xs
    serial 1B174045