Thread: Just Sayin....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Landinlunkers View Post
    I completely agree. I follow and enjoy both BASS and BPT/MLF. I don’t get all of the hate. Since when is more fishing to watch a bad thing?
    Since the tools that own one organization tried to gaffle the talent from another and ran their sucks proclaiming they're the best game in town. Screw em, be happy to see em fold.

2. Member
    I really like Zona would love to fish a day with him. Sanders keeps them in line. And Davey Hite knows what he is talking about.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Since the tools that own one organization tried to gaffle the talent from another and ran their sucks proclaiming they're the best game in town. Screw em, be happy to see em fold.

Yep, instead of trying to welcome anglers, they decided to spit in their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by BassnPhoenix920 View Post
    I tried watching some of the FLW and had a hard time kept switching to BASS because I enjoyed their commentators way more.
    Those two guys on FLW are pretty dry. Marty Stone is an improvement to that crew, plus you can tell they have a low budget studio.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve lacey View Post
    Zona >>>>> stone
    Nah. Light years better than Stone.
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    I've glanced at BASS since the Bob Cod days and Bass will probably never be as enjoyable to watch as MLF/BPT. It doesn't matter the format or who's fishing, the production from BASS sucks. That slow motion instant replay of the hooksets they had a couple of years ago was really pathetic.

7. Member
    Will never please everyone no matter what you do. I enjoy watching all of them, because i love the sport. And I am thankful I don't have to listen to politics and social justice warriors.
    2015 Legend V20
    2020 Mercury 250Pro XS 4stroke
    14" Bobs Hydraulic Jackplate
    Lowrance Live 12" & Hummingbird Helix 12" Mega (Console)
    Lowrance Live 12" & Humming bird Helix 12" Mega w/ Mega 360 (Bow)
    Bass Boat Technologies Mounts
    25P Bravo 1 FS
    8ft Blade Power Poles

8. Member
    I like and watch (when I can) both shows, but the best by far is...... LIVE MIX.

Just the fisherman, no talking heads. Don't hate them, just don't need them. Prefer the pure feed.

And yeah, Bob Cobb was the best!

9. Member
    I agree I make it a point not to bash MLF and they took my childhood fishing Heroes with them qzona and bass are still doing great and making new names the guys I new root for

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Zona is a good and very knowledgable commentator with a good sense of humor.....He certainly deserves to have that Gig.

Marty "Mind of Stone" really knows his fishing but doesn't possess the excellent communication skills of Zona.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Zona is a good and very knowledgable commentator with a good sense of humor.....He certainly deserves to have that Gig.

Marty "Mind of Stone" really knows his fishing is a poor commentator and but doesn't possess the excellent communication skills of Zona.

Some have the natural ability like Zona and can hone their skills to be better....Some don't and won't ever improve enough to be like Zona.

12. Member
    Agree about Zona. I have always been a fan of Davey Hite and to me having him on the water makes a big difference. There's not a scenario he hasn't encountered. Loved it when he was filming on day four in the wind at the mouth of St Lawrence waving to the 3 boaters who went out and drove by him. That's as real as it gets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12