Gibson County lake or 1,000 Acre Lake?

I understand this is not the prime time to fish either body of water. But, given the lack of decent fishing here on Ky/Barkley, thought
    I'd scale down on water size. Would you pick one over the other if you were going this week? I've had some, limited, success on Gibson.
    Never been to 1000 Acre lake.

Input?

Fished 1000 acre lake a few years back in October, caught lots of fish but not much size. There was lots of grass if you like fishing that
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

3. Member
    On a weekday I'd choose Gibson. 1000 acre if a weekend. 1000 acre has been coming on with some larger fish caught. Still a lot of small fish there. Gibson is always a good place to catch some larger fish. Though, it hasn't been showing out like it once did. One thing to be cautious about is that Gibson no longer handles pressure real well... it doesn't take a lot of boats to really shut it down fast. It's small and still gets a lot of traffic on weekends. Hence the weekday recommendation.

4. Member
    1000 acre lake has the better fish right now and has a bright future. Fish are really healthy. I have custom side scan mosiac maps with 1 foot contours made of both lakes as well as browns creek and Davy Crockett Lake for Lowrance Units. My mosiac maps show the spots to find the big ones. I have contours for the humminbirds. It sure did help me on this past Sunday Evening put this 7.84 lb in the boat. Send me a message for more info on my maps.

Jason
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Thanks guys. I made a quick run to Gibson today. Looking for a big bite, threw some big Huddleston for most the day. It got bit and I had my
    trophy to within a few feet of the boat. Rolled on me and off she went. Ugh. Kinda went Ike for a minute but no one's fault but my own. I need
    to head to 1000 acre next. Probably in the fall. Appreciate everyone's insight.

6. Member
    I'd pick Gibson over 1k everytime. I live 10 minutes from 1k and hardly ever go Fun lake if you want to catch a bunch of dinks though.

7. Member
    Don’t limit yourself, Florida strain in pin oak and beech lake too