Triton 22trx Speed Help

I’ve got a 2016 triton 22trx with a 250 pro xs on a 6” atlas hydraulic jackplate. I currently get about 65-66 mph with both my fury 4 24p and my tempest 25p props @2.5” P2P turning about 5900 rpms. I’ve got the boat pretty well loaded, most of the weight in the back, almost nothing besides life jackets in the very front, 52” 36v ultrex and 2 power poles, so I guess I can’t expect much with how big of a boat and how much gear I have on it. But I’m just wondering if anyone else is running a 22trx and what you’re doing to get the most performance out of it? I love the boat, would just love to see a 70mph top speed lol

That's a big boat and I don't think it was designed with speed as the number one priority. I think you doing about as good as you can with a 250.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

3. Member
    Yeah it’s definitely a big boat, can’t complain with how amazing the ride is and how much deck space and storage space I get, I guess I’d take those features over a bit more speed.

4. Member
    Yeah that’s about all you get out of that ol girl
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    That's a big boat and I don't think it was designed with speed as the number one priority. I think you doing about as good as you can with a 250.
    Spot on.... That boat is an aircraft carrier..lol. with a 250 it was not designed for speed. I bet the ride is amazing though, especially in a good chop.
    Brad Krone

6. Member
    I changed some things and here’s an update. I ended up replacing the striker plates for my trim rams since they looked worn, after closer inspection there was about a 1/4” divot where the trim ram sits, doesn’t seem like much but man did it make a difference. Took the 22trx out today and clocked 69.5 mph top speed on my Mercury vesselview, averaged about 68 overall on top end. Have to say I’m really happy with my triton, and that’s with me, (6’4” 295lbs of dude), half tank of gas, and all my gear. For how big this boat is and how well it rides, the speed is just a bonus.