Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Space X recovery?

What do you think the Coast Guard should do about the spectator boats ignoring orders to stay away from the capsule during recovery? I'm in for a few burst of 50cal. across the bow.

2. Member
    Ask sternly yet nicely over the P.A. Look mean but keep backing up and don’t engage. Give them space to be themselves. You don’t know what those boaters have been thru.

3. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    I think they should close the ocean... Those Coasties are trying to earn a living.
    Who controls John Gill?

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    I think they should close the ocean... Those Coasties are trying to earn a living.
    That's awesome but I agree they need to stay back this one could cost someone their life.

5. Member
    The coastguard should start boarding boats and do VERY thorough safety inspections. Others will see what is happening and back off.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

Was the landing in international or Federal waters?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Member
    For starters maybe spacex shouldnt have published the approx splash down location. They actually mentioned that during the splashdown.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by al_fol View Post
    For starters maybe spacex shouldnt have published the approx splash down location. They actually mentioned that during the splashdown.
    And they have come out and said that is what will happen in the future so they do not have this problem again.

9. Member
    That area should have been properly secures hours before splashdown...and well guarded
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

10. Member
    and this
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

11. Member
    I fish out of port Canaveral and they have exclusion zones for launch/recovery, patrolled by air and sea, with dudes waving guns - it’s silly. Watched the splashdown live. The private boats were respectful and never interfered with the process. Lighten up Frances comes to mind with regards to what should be done.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

12. Member
    I watched it live and never saw anything other than the rescue boats. Maybe I just missed it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    I fish out of port Canaveral and they have exclusion zones for launch/recovery, patrolled by air and sea, with dudes waving guns - it’s silly. Watched the splashdown live. The private boats were respectful and never interfered with the process. Lighten up Frances comes to mind with regards to what should be done.
    It was just now on the news with aerial pics of 22 boats blocking direct access and also close with diver in the water.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I watched it live and never saw anything other than the rescue boats. Maybe I just missed it.
    You missed the 20+ boats surrounding the vessel.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    You missed the 20+ boats surrounding the vessel.
    I guess I missed the aftermath then. When I saw it hit the water all I saw was the recovery boats heading to it. I even made a comment that I would be the idiot recovery boat that got my prop caught up in the chutes lol Maybe they showed up later or a different view than what I saw.

16. Member
    Something tells me the ones that are upset saw a flag they didn’t like. Willing to bet on it!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    Something tells me the ones that are upset saw a flag they didn’t like. Willing to bet on it!
    Yep. Those folks just wanted to see America being made great again up close and in person

USA

The Coast Guard has to post a NOTMAR (Notice to Mariners) for safety. Just like Canaveral launches. Loved the blue flag drive by in the long lens shot. The commentators started tripping over their tongues

Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    ... 22 boats blocking direct access and also close with diver in the water.
    Nobody blocked access. Three or 4 of the boats in the photo are recovery boats.

Last edited by Booster; 08-03-2020 at 08:39 PM.
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

I was pointing out to the wife what boats were part of the operation and which were spectators ... one came across and she said I bet I can guess that one lol

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    I was pointing out to the wife what boats were part of the operation and which were spectators ... one came across and she said I bet I can guess that one lol
    You talking about the big beautiful one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast