Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RANGER487 View Post
    Mine has a release pull in the back that makes everything free to move by just pushing the mover
    I was gonna say that, but wanted to see a video of someone trying it to other way :-).
    And to be honest, I have had my mower stuck to the point that the truck was required.

2. Banned
    This past May I bought a Husqvarna 42", 18.5hp w/hydrostatic tranny. $1695 plus tax. Damn nice machine. Perfect for my flat lawn but I can't attest to its performance on hills or slopes. Not zero turn but very tight turning radius. Has a deck "wash out" feature. Quick connect hose to nipple on top of the deck, turn on water, engage blades to clean. Plenty of room behind the wheel for my 6'6" 330# frame.
    Good luck with whatever you choose.
    Last edited by marlake; 08-04-2020 at 10:18 AM. Reason: additional info

3. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    Never thought I'd buy a hydrostatic, but 2 years ago I did - a Cub Cadet - and I really like it. Don't think I'd go back to a manual for my needs.

4. Member
    I like the Hydrostatic. I have one on an old $35 riding mower Igot at a yard sale. I like setting the throttle at a fixed point and varying the speed with the shifter.

Hydrostatic all the way. I recently purchased a John Deere S240 with a 42” deck. This model has the same Kawasaki engine as the higher priced x300 series tractors, but a few less features that I honestly didn’t need. It received top marks from CR, and in several other reviews. I’m totally satisfied with the performance, and the engine as smooth as silk when running wide open while mowing. The same mower comes with a 48” deck. I mow just over a half acre with mine.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12