Cleaning thermostats questions- 250 optimax proxs

First off my motor is a 2016 250 pro xs, serial number 2B125795, prop is a 25p tempest, WOT rpm is 5900, idle water pressure is 2psi, WOT is just over 15 psi. I’ve been looking at cleaning my thermostats because on a rare basis I’ll get a 6 beeps alarm that only happens if I idle for a long time but goes away if I rev it up. I ordered the gaskets and looked at a lot of the threads on here about how to do it but still have a few questions. Do I have to relieve pressure from the starboard schrader valve on the fuel rail as well? Or just the port side schrader valve? And also, is it safe to put the thermostats into hot water to clean them when I take them out so they will open up and I can clean them of any debris that was caught inside? I wanna make sure I do this right, seems like a pretty common thing that has to be done to these motors.

2. Member
    I’m also planning on cleaning the compressor strainer, just waiting on some parts I ordered for that as well.

3. Member
    Its best to take the thermostats apart to clean them.....Pretty self explanatory when you have them in your hands.

Click on this >>>>>Thermostat cleaning question

Click on this >>>>>Cleaning your cooling water strainer screen on 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Thanks, the cleaning of the tstats seems like a simple enough process then when I get them out. I didn’t see anything about if I need to relieve pressure from the starboard schrader valve as well as the port side. In the post it said to relieve pressure from the port side schrader valve first, but I didn’t know if that meant to just relieve pressure from the port side valve before going on to the next step or if that meant to do the port valve first and then do the starboard valve.

5. Member
    Relieve the air pressure FIRST, then the fuel pressure.

6. Member
    Ok thanks for clearing that up for me and helping me out!

You can get the thermostats out without removing the port fuel rail and the starboard side by slightly loosening the fuel rail.