Anyone ever replace a seat pedestal bushing on the front deck?

My front deck butt seat is starting to get pretty loose and wobbly so I’m thinking I need to replace the bushing in the floor. I had the boat at the dealer last week for some work and ask them to replace the bushing but they did not. The service department said to replace the bushing the carpet would have to come up because the bushing is under the carpet. Has anyone replaced theirs and does this sound right? My boat is a 2017 Multi species. Thanks

2. Member
    Depending upon what pedestal base you have but usually you can replace the sleeve inside the base. Measure what you have and go to the manufacturer's website and see if you can find what you need.

3. Member
    I had to remove my base plate to reinstall the fasteners that loosened over time and I replaced my bushing While I had it off as it was a little sloppy. My base had a bronze bushing in it. After I removed it, I lightly sanded the grooves and pots out of the hole in the base. My experience was that I would not want to have to beat that hard on the front deck to get the bushing installed. Mine was a VERY tight press fit. I used a small sledge and a vise to get mine in. Not sure if this is typical, but mine was extremely tight both coming out and going back in.
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66