heading sensor help

Anyone ever have their heading sensor not pair to their trolling motor ?

my remote pairs just fine to the ulterra

2. Member
    Only when I forgot to turn power on....LOL There have been a few reports of bad sensors but most of those were brand new shipped with the TM. Try contacting MK and will probably send you a new one.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    MK was no help, 2 months out of warranty. So another $150 to buy a new one !

so far past three week—- Ulterra trim belt module, last week main control board, and today the heading sensor. All just outside warranty !!!

I guess they really do make these things to last just outside the warranty period

4. Member
    That's a bummer. Wasn't sure from your original post if it was a new motor or not. They get really innovative at getting our money...LOL
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

5. Member
    yeah really second guessing my upcoming buy of a solix 15 and 12 along with a 360 now.

6. Member
    new one fixed it. sucks you have to keep spending money on stuff that keeps breaking. Would be curious to see the HALT test reports and vibration testing they have done on their products to see what their destructive limits.

7. Member
    Had to Google that one...LOL I've been out of the industry for a while so didn't recognize the term. I worked with R&M Engineers in my earlier years but at that time those type tests were only done on military equipment. Don't know if any of the brands do that level of testing at the system level. MTBF is not a term that is used around these forums...LOL
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

8. Member
    new one fixed it. sucks you have to keep spending money on stuff that keeps breaking. Would be curious to see the HALT test reports and vibration testing they have done on their products to see what their destructive limits.
    I understand your frustration but keep in mind we are talking about an average consumer product.

The driver for this class of consumer is always price.

I do not agree with the idea but that is the reality of it.

9. Member
    it’s interesting a lot of consumer level products do that testing just to see the limits of the destructive testing. I’m sure there are actuaries that have gave input on reasonable failure rates.

10. Member
    it’s interesting a lot of consumer level products do that testing just to see the limits of the destructive testing. I’m sure there are actuaries that have gave input on reasonable failure rates.
    Agreed

I suspect the destructive testing budget is higher for consumer parachutes vs consumer heading sensors and the reasonable failure rate is much less.