Terrova Won't Lock on the Spot!

I have a buddy that has a Weldcraft Renegade Jet Boat. He has a Terrova on it. He swears the spotlock won't work on a jet boat. I just can't believe that. I had a Terrova on my Crestliner and it always worked great. I now have a Garmin Force and it works great too. I know with the Force there is a "Gain" setting to adjust the sensitivity for the "Anchor Lock". Is there a setting like that on the Terrova? He says when he hits the Spot Lock the boat just coasts past his spot and really never sets up. It just kind of wanders I guess. He can't use it for jigging at all like over deeper water for Lake Trout. I just hate to see him not able to use that really important tool! I would be lost without mine!

2. Member
    Yes there is a gain it’s under system setting on the hand remote it’s called boat scale. He can download a pdf for the owners manual for future use.

If it's a gen 1 or 2 Ipilot or ipilot link it will behave like he is saying when there is little to no wind or current. If it is the 3rd generation terrova that has Bluetooth capabilities there is a "gain" setting it is called boat scale. But they still wonder without external forces acting on the hull.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    I had the shaft of my trolling motor shortened and the Minn Kota authorized place, didnt' do it properly and the cables inside the head were interfering with the GPS equipment inside the head. Might want to check inside the head.