Ghost Pedal Calibration Procedure

I recently had a problem where the motor would chatter when deployed and would not respond to the pedal. I spoke to Lowrance who advised the pedal needed to be calibrated and that it is a non-published service procedure in the manual nor is it on their website. It took under a minute to perform and can be done on the water or on the trailer if you have the option to deploy the motor while on the trailer. See the image below for the procedure. Hopefully this will help others.

39F05F0C-1530-4E0F-9C14-1AFCBBD9D274.png

2. Banned
    Thanks for posting this, it should help several.

3. Member
    Way better to do this out of the water, especially for step 5! Or, do it shallow enough that you can physically manipulate the motor head.

4. Member
    So is it saying to manual turn motor head to run parellel with keel or parellel with the bracket which on most baseboard is roughly 45 degrees?

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bradknight83 View Post
    So is it saying to manual turn motor head to run parellel with keel or parellel with the bracket which on most baseboard is roughly 45 degrees?

The mount bracket/frame and motor will be parallel to each other. Yes, it’ll look to be approx 45 degrees to the boat.

6. Member
    Interesting

7. Member
    The bow offset aligns with the keel. The two settings combined let the motor know where true 90 is when stowing. Works perfect every time on mine now!

8. Banned
    Thanks for posting this as I need to do this calibration to mine because my motor doesn't turn past center when pedal is in full heel down position.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Good info.

10. Member
    I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. So I had to get new boards in my Ghost and now my pedal is all messed up. When I do the calibration here I can get it to stow right, but with the pedal plat my trolling motor is facing a 90 right. With the toe all the way down I get a 90 left. I get go left past that. And with the heel all the way down the motor is facing straight backwards, slightly to the left, but not a full 360.

If I mess with the calibration to get the motor facing forward on a flat pedal, then it doesn't want to stow right.

Thoughts?

This should be added to the sticky threads.
    2011 Ranger Z518
    Mercury Pro XS 200
    Lowrance, HDS Live, BBT mounts, Ghost, AT1, Power Poles, Charge

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. So I had to get new boards in my Ghost and now my pedal is all messed up. When I do the calibration here I can get it to stow right, but with the pedal plat my trolling motor is facing a 90 right. With the toe all the way down I get a 90 left. I get go left past that. And with the heel all the way down the motor is facing straight backwards, slightly to the left, but not a full 360.

If I mess with the calibration to get the motor facing forward on a flat pedal, then it doesn't want to stow right.

Thoughts?

So no matter what you do, your ghost will NOT make a 360 degree circle? You only have about 270 degrees?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    So no matter what you do, your ghost will NOT make a 360 degree circle? You only have about 270 degrees?
    That is correct. It is probably about 320 degrees.

And today it lost its mind on spotlock. I'll have to do that calibration again and see if it is that or if it goes crazy because it can't turn how it should.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    That is correct. It is probably about 320 degrees.

And today it lost its mind on spotlock. I'll have to do that calibration again and see if it is that or if it goes crazy because it can't turn how it should.

Have you done both (2) pedal calibrations? There is a pedal calibration and a bow mount offset, do both of them.