Thread: Pump Outs?

Pump Outs?

I was wondering if any one could tell me the procedure on how to use the pump out? I've tried everything so either I'm not doing something right or its not working.. year is a 2000,190 any help would be great...
    "2000 Cobra 190DC, 2017 200 ProXs"

2. Banned
    I installed a livewell pumput and mine work great. It is already installed on your boat?

3. Member
    Yes sir and I really wouldn't know where to start down in the black hole to fix it....

If you have a livewell pumpout facotry installed you should have two pumpout holes at the back of the boat, one for the bilge area and one for the livewells. If you don't have two, you do not have the factory installed system, at least that is the way it is on my 2000 201, I would think the 190s would be the same. Confirm the two outlets and we can go from there. If factory installed your either need to replace the cartridge pump (likely) or you are nto getting power to the pump. Usually the pump is frozen up, dirt, scales, lack of use and they won't spin to pump out water. Let us know!

5. Member
    Thanks Tex yes I have the factory two holes in the back.. I guess I need to start by replacing the pump... Boy Oh Boy back into the black hole

Once you have switched out a cartridge pump you realize it is pretty easy to do, but you will be upside down for a little while. Hahaha! Factory they used 500 GPH pumps, just go ahead on any pumps you are replacing and go with the 1000 GPH pumps, well worth it! I couldn't get the 500 pumps at the local boat dealer, and I think the cost is about the same. Amazed at the difference for the bilge pump and livewell pump out! You may have to stand several feet beside the boat to fill your weigh bag!

7. Member
    Sounds great Tx I will order it today. Thank for the help once again...