What's The Best Product To Clean Super Dirty Livewell?

I Purchased a used Vexus AVX 1980. (I absolutely love the boat!) The fellow I bought it from was a white perch fisherman. The lievewells are extremely filthy and look like they've been that way for a while.

What do you think the best product is to get these things back right?

I'd like to take some Soft Scrub with bleach to them. I have no plans to use them anytime soon since I mainly catch and release bass fish.

What do you think?

Soft scrub is what I used to get stains out of the white hull of the Ranger I used to own. It should work fine on your livewell.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    After you clean it run a few fill up and pump out cycles when you hit the water to get the bleach out

4. Member
    Hey guys - thanks for the comments. I was thinking I'll need to be careful too that I don't have any splash back onto the carpet as well.

5. Member
    I had a similar problem. I put a bar of lava soap in each livewell. Filled them halfway with water from a hose. Drove 1300 miles to okeechobee. Crap in live well came off with a towel easy. Ran the pumps in practices few days. No problems. I throw a bar of lava soap in the bilge every year.

6. Member
    I use Mr. Clean with Disinfectant at double strength - 2oz per gallon of water. SPARKY Clean! I wouldn't use anything with Bleach because of above listed issues.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

7. Member
    Maybe try a magic eraser, thet work very well!

8. Member
    Marine Spray Nine. Potent stuff and cleans just about anything on a boat.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

9. Member
    Awesome. Thanks all. Several great ideas to try.

Degreaser then wax it

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

11. Member
    I may have to opt for the strict Lava soap protocol outlined by Alumicraft145. I've never been to Okeechobee before.

12. Member
    MDJ has a “how to clean livewells” on his YouTube channel. I’ve switched to his methods and haven’t lost a fish all summer

Id keep the lava soap out with all the grit. You can squirt some dawn dish soap and water in there and let it slosh around once a year

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy-k View Post
    I may have to opt for the strict Lava soap protocol outlined by Alumicraft145. I've never been to Okeechobee before.
    Road trip.

15. Member
    Bleach mine about once a year, cleans as well as kills any bad stuff that may harm your fish. Just rinse very well.