2017 Mercury 250 ProXS

I have a 2017 Ranger Z521c with Mercury ProXS 250hp 2 stroke. No talons or PPs. Fully loaded this has always been a great boat. I could get 5850-5950 RPMs and run 68-70. Always been a bit relative to conditions of air and water temp as usual for most or all boat/motors. Currently running a Mercury Fury 24p 3 blade. Typically this has been the best overall prop for me and gave me the best numbers.
    But recently I can’t get close to those numbers. Been unable to get over 5600ish RPMs or 58ish mph.

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance.
    2017 Ranger Z521c (Blackout w/ Chrome Bullets)
    2020 Mercury ProXS 4 stroke 250hp
    MinnKota Ultrex 112 52"
    Humminbird Helix's (3 G4N Megas)
    Garmin 106sv Ultra with LiveScope and perspective mode
    Mark Peiser Manufacturing mounts (console and bow)
    Trickstep

Also, motor “runs” fine. Gets on plane as well as ever. Doesn’t sound any different than it ever has so I am doubting it’s a cylinder or plug issue but I could be wrong. I will be checking to see if hotfoot has somehow changed and it isn’t getting WOT

Any ideas are appreciated.
    MinnKota Ultrex 112 52"
    Trickstep

3. Member
    will be checking to see if hotfoot has somehow changed and it isn’t getting WOT
    You answered your own question......also perform a spark test as the problem is occurring. The Optimax runs surprisingly well on 5 cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    You answered your own question......also perform a spark test as the problem is occurring. The Optimax runs surprisingly well on 5 cylinders.
    Good info. Thanks
    MinnKota Ultrex 112 52"
    Trickstep

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

In addition to the above: Check your Fury for ANY damage, event the slightest of sand-scratches on the leading edge. It takes very little (even just tipping the blades in sand or dirt) to alter the mid-blade geometry (which can cost considerably in performance).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor