Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Dogfish_Jones

Gerald Swindle....

I’ll probably catch some heat here but that’s normal for me.....
    I watched a Facebook video of him and Lulu were driving home from this weekend’s tournament. He was upset or his words mad about his two mid angler finishes. He was kind of being kind to himself, more like bottom dweller type finishes.
    But he said he was mad and he just drove and drove. My thinking on this and if you follow Gerald you will understand my thinking here. This guy promotes more stuff than probably any other angler out there. From coffee beans to dirty underwear. He then goes on his ...now not too funny antics on his videos almost everyday. I really think Gerald need to be more focus as to why he is not doing too good than promoting everything under the sun and moon. Stop his little funny and now boring antics and look for ways to be fishing on Championship Sunday.
    I have no doubt he is good angler but if he put as much effort in fishing as he does doing other things he well could be in the top 20 anglers out there.
    We can see where promoting over fishing can really be bad for you fishing tournament finishes....just look what KVD has done lately.

I kind of agree with you from a pure fishing point of view. But, the vast majority of his income is a result of the sponsors he has, not his tournament checks. So, as long as fans follow him, sponsors will pay him the big bucks to hawk their products. It's just business.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    My bet is he makes way more money promoting everything from coffee beans to dirty underwear than he would or could with tournament winnings. He’s got it figured out.

4. Member
    Maybe swindle realizes that grinding to make a top 40 cut is a quick way to bankruptcy without endorsements. Regardless...he’s got more AOY’s than most, which is far more than any of us ever will

5. Dogfish_Jones
    I agree he will make more money off his endorsement, most bass anglers in the pro series do. I just find him doing so much that it is making him not near as good on the water as he could be.

He makes bank on endorsements. He has had some of the highest paid sponsorships in bass fishing. He will always take care of the people who butters his bread. Fishing comes second. That’s G

He got you to watch his Facebook video and start a thread about it. He must be doing something right.

He's smart just like KVD they both know where the money is . Big fan of both of them .

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    He got you to watch his Facebook video and start a thread about it. He must be doing something right.
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

10. Member
    One feeds off the other though. Stop winning and people slow down buying what you are promoting, sponsors then move on to the next hot thing on the market. No different than other sports, you have to win or be in contention to stay relevant. You dont see to many other sports stars focused on selling stuff more than what brought them to the dance. If they do, they are not around long.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

I remember reading an article in Bassmaster about the pro's who made the most money through sponsors. This was when I got the magazine so has to be at least 20 years ago. Skeet and Swindle were at the top of the list, ahead of KVD by a bit...

I’d go look at his bank account and property before passing judgement
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

13. Member
    Doing what he needs to because we are talking about him. I like him and wish him well.
    Praying for a Cure

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    It's a Tough Racket when you have to get your Tournament Fishing to a level in order to keep those lucrative sponsor deals......I'm sure it puts pressure on him with some frustrations start to mount even with an established Pro like Gerald.

The Young Guns on the Tours and some of them just starting to step up to the next level are tough so the competition will just keep getting more intense for fishing and attracting sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by wishiwasfishin2 View Post
    One feeds off the other though. Stop winning and people slow down buying what you are promoting, sponsors then move on to the next hot thing on the market. No different than other sports, you have to win or be in contention to stay relevant. You dont see to many other sports stars focused on selling stuff more than what brought them to the dance. If they do, they are not around long.
    Not really true. When was the last time Bill Dance won? If you have name recognition, social media presence, and can draw people in it doesn’t matter how many times you’ve won.

16. Member
    2 AOY's he has earned the sponsors he has. More then that he is a good salesman with a big presence on social media which drives sponsorship dollars more then tournament earnings.
    John the Garage Doorman

17. Member
    Would you rather be mid pack or work 40 hours a week, just saying.

18. Member
    He still makes more then all us no matter where he finishes. Paying 50k to op out MLF to the Elites says enough

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    2 AOY's he has earned the sponsors he has. More then that he is a good salesman with a big presence on social media which drives sponsorship dollars more then tournament earnings.
    So I gotta ask where is his social media stuff ? Maybe its just not on a platform im on but I rarely see much from him on YouTube.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Not really true. When was the last time Bill Dance won? If you have name recognition, social media presence, and can draw people in it doesn’t matter how many times you’ve won.
    Old Bill Dance may be the smartest of them all!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast