Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    So you're saying he needs to stop being himself so he can finish higher in bass tournaments? Makes sense.

How many Bassmaster AOYs has Dogfish Jones won again?
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    I’d go look at his bank account and property before passing judgement

Quote Originally Posted by cmscoach View Post
    Would you rather be mid pack or work 40 hours a week, just saying.
    I’d rather work 40 hours per week with guaranteed pay/benefits and fish for fun. I’m way better at what I do at work than I am at fishing.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    So I gotta ask where is his social media stuff ? Maybe its just not on a platform im on but I rarely see much from him on YouTube.
    He seems to have a video almost every other day. Always enjoy his videos.

5. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by limitlong View Post
    Old Bill Dance may be the smartest of them all!
    ... and he doesn't even have a fishing license!
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    He seems to have a video almost every other day. Always enjoy his videos.
    On Youtube ?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    I’d go look at his bank account and property before passing judgement
    The ops not talking about how much money gman makes in each tourney or otherwise. He's talking about his low finishes in the tournaments, not making it to championship Sunday.

8. Dogfish_Jones
    I am not anti Gerald Swindle, note again I wrote that he is a good angler. I do agree with an earlier post about winning is important for future success. With all these very good young guys coming up through the ranks, they want a piece of the pie also and will get it from sponsor when they gain success on the water. Those sponsorship will come from those other anglers that are not producing from their products. Gerald is not producing anything thing right now with any product. He can pitch it but can he know step up and back up his product with success? Not in a few years.
    For a man who has over 250 tournament under his belt with only 1 win. He has won two AOY titles which is great but has only stood on stage 1 time in his career and held up a trophy. I watch him fish head to head not long ago against Jordon Lee, Lee took him to school.
    As noted above someone tried to suggest that I have not won any AOY but Gerald has? That’s apples to oranges my friend. Not once did I compare Myself to him so why did you? I will not even compare myself to you, I have no reason to.
    Gerald has become a mic angler, not one I would think of as one of the top 50 anglers on the BASS tour and not even close to those that jumped ship to the MLF. He in my book ranks in the lower third of all pro anglers.
    Sadly some have posted about his bank account...very true he makes what I assume is good money, I have never looked at his bank account. Some people look and act rich but as broke as can be, for living way beyond their means. Many sport pro’s make millions of dollars a year but could not loan you 5 bucks. As any pro....there comes this drive to succeed and be the best out there as in any sport, Gerald to me has lost that drive to be the best out there. He would rather promote his coffee bean, his doo rags and whatever else he pushes. I would buy something in the fishing industry from an angler that produces from what they sell. Show me that it works and I’ll buy it, Gerald can’t do that.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I’ll probably catch some heat here but that’s normal for me.....
    I watched a Facebook video of him and Lulu were driving home from this weekend’s tournament. He was upset or his words mad about his two mid angler finishes. He was kind of being kind to himself, more like bottom dweller type finishes.
    But he said he was mad and he just drove and drove. My thinking on this and if you follow Gerald you will understand my thinking here. This guy promotes more stuff than probably any other angler out there. From coffee beans to dirty underwear. He then goes on his ...now not too funny antics on his videos almost everyday. I really think Gerald need to be more focus as to why he is not doing too good than promoting everything under the sun and moon. Stop his little funny and now boring antics and look for ways to be fishing on Championship Sunday.
    I have no doubt he is good angler but if he put as much effort in fishing as he does doing other things he well could be in the top 20 anglers out there.
    We can see where promoting over fishing can really be bad for youlately.
    I

10. Member
    I’ll probably catch some heat here but that’s normal for me.....
    I watched a Facebook video of him and Lulu were driving home from this weekend’s tournament. He was upset or his words mad about his two mid angler finishes. He was kind of being kind to himself, more like bottom dweller type finishes.
    But he said he was mad and he just drove and drove. My thinking on this and if you follow Gerald you will understand my thinking here. This guy promotes more stuff than probably any other angler out there. From coffee beans to dirty underwear. He then goes on his ...now not too funny antics on his videos almost everyday. I really think Gerald need to be more focus as to why he is not doing too good than promoting everything under the sun and moon. Stop his little funny and now boring antics and look for ways to be fishing on Championship Sunday.
    I have no doubt he is good angler but if he put as much effort in fishing as he does doing other things he well could be in the top 20 anglers out there.
    We can see where promoting over fishing can really be bad for you fishing tournament finishes....just look what KVD has done lately.
    I like the guy.....he is funny as hell but some of his posts can be a little goofy but to each his own. What amazes me is that he has only won 1 BASS tourney in 277 entries. That’s just hard to comprehend given how big a name he is in the sport. He has certainly figured out the sponsorship side and how to make money in the sport and that makes him a good business man so more power to him.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyfisherman1 View Post
    I like the guy.....he is funny as hell but some of his posts can be a little goofy but to each his own. What amazes me is that he has only won 1 BASS tourney in 277 entries. That’s just hard to comprehend given how big a name he is in the sport. He has certainly figured out the sponsorship side and how to make money in the sport and that makes him a good business man so more power to him.
    Pay attention to this stat closely. This is why Swindle paid $50,000 to come back to BASS and KVD is dying on the vine.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

He is among the top all time money winners in BASS. He is consistently in the money. I think most would take the success he has had in his career and be happy.

13. Member
    I agree he will make more money off his endorsement, most bass anglers in the pro series do. I just find him doing so much that it is making him not near as good on the water as he could be.
    A buddy fished G-Ville with us a few years ago and one of his buddies was fishing the big boys circuit (Elites). His buddy stayed with us for the week. He was a great guy that had a major flagship sponsor. He had the big nice truck and boat that were both wrapped and covered in the big time sponsors logos. He said his flagship sponsor was one of the only ones that actually gave him money. Most of his sponsors gave him equipment. He flat out said that 80% of the guys on tour are lucky to break even and 50% are losing money every year. He said he would NEVER let his kids fish professionally if he could prevent it. It was very interesting listening to him talk about life on the tour.

14. Member
    He would never have to catch another bass in his life and he still would have a job. Elite level is 75% promotion 25% fishing
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

15. Banned
    He should definitely stick to fishing because his videos make he seem like a dumbass. Maybe that’s part of his charm but I’m not fan of the antics. Hell of a fisherman and I’m sure he’s a straight up good guy though.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrew73 View Post
    He should definitely stick to fishing because his videos make he seem like a dumbass. Maybe that’s part of his charm but I’m not fan of the antics. Hell of a fisherman and I’m sure he’s a straight up good guy though.

So you prefer the guys with sticks up their asses? Who’s your favorite on social media?

17. Member
    What he has going for him that some of the young guns don't, is that he IS a salesman. He's simply going to better in front of a camera than the majority. On another note, I marshaled for him once and he was a really good guy. Talked and cut-up all day

18. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrew73 View Post
    I agree, it seems now that he is forcing himself to be funny, whereas a few years ago it seemed that was just him. His antics do wear on you when you watch him, which is the main reason I stopped watching his videos. If he has something that has any depth to it I might listen but if I want redneck stuff, I’ll listen to Jeff Foxworthy.

19. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    So you prefer the guys with sticks up their asses? Who’s your favorite on social media?
    There are a lot of other guys on the trail that are good guys and they enjoy talking to you. I would not put everyone that isn’t Gerald Swindle as an ass.

So , you're trying to tell another man how to live ? Who evidently seems to being "A ok"...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast