Yamaha t2 spun hub

I had my hub replaced. Only 2 yrs old sho 225. i took it out for the first time ran for an hour and it melted the new hub. Never had this prob before.
    Wonder if it was a bad hub or a bad install job. Any ideas. i dont know if i should send it to mark croxton or bring it back to the local guy again.
    thanks

I replied to your Lounge post.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterzx2001 View Post
    I had my hub replaced. Only 2 yrs old sho 225. i took it out for the first time ran for an hour and it melted the new hub. Never had this prob before.
    Wonder if it was a bad hub or a bad install job. Any ideas. i dont know if i should send it to mark croxton or bring it back to the local guy again.
    thanks
    After you fix your prop as 21XDC suggests you should check your cavitation plate. On the blank, round zinc tab there's a small scoop on the front. Make sure it's not plugged. It scoops up water to an internal channel that goes back down in front of the prop hub to help cool it. It was the fix to an early SHO problem of melting hubs.
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO