Thread: Elite TI2 users

Elite TI2 users

How is the imaging? Can you compare to a Carbon or Live unit? I am going to get new units soon. Love the live units with 3-1 transducer but might save some $$$ with TI2 units if there isn’t much difference in imaging quality. I know the live has more pixels.

2. Member
    Does nobody use them?

3. Member
    You have the answer already. :)
    Live looks better due to better resolution and better screens overall (Elite Ti2 has first-generation touchscreens, same as on HDS Gen 2 Touch). Live also has better signal-processing, but that is mostly seen on 2D.

4. Member
    Early this spring I replaced a 9" Ti1 at the console with a 12" Ti2 and added a 9" Ti2 at the bow. This is on my G3 Sportsman which I mainly use for tidal rivers, small lakes and ponds. There is a difference in picture quality but I mostly use these units for mapping and 2d sonar and only occasionally side and down scan. I will say that I look forward to replacing the Gen 3 units on my glass boat once Lowrance introduces a new unit after Live. This boat I use for a lot of deep water down and side scan as well as 2d sonar. The clarity and quality in pixels is more important to me in this application.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

I run Ti2's on my boat.. and while they were a huge upgrade over my previous Hook2's.. I can't speak against the Live's and Carbons as I have no experience with them.