Rod and tackle storage

How are you guys organizing your rods and tackle? The port side rod locker is a little shallow. Are y’all removing the rod rack and tubes?

2. Member
    I left mine in. No problem for me. I have all my tackle in center and all my spinning rods in center box. I have oar, soft plastics, 2 throw cushions, rain suits, seat pestal in other box. The rod racks do come out easily. New 2021 Caymas boats are coming without rod racks, if wanted. Also longer box on steering side in 2021.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahala View Post
    How are you guys organizing your rods and tackle? The port side rod locker is a little shallow. Are y’all removing the rod rack and tubes?
    My boat is ordered with out the rod rack and tubes, those tubes are very hard on the guides, I had rather have it all open to put more rods in, all the Rangers I had was same way. A big percentage of my customers ordered their boats without the rod racks, for each his own I guess!

4. Member
    I think we will end up taking them out. However, the piece that holds the rod butts is not so easy. I haven't figured out how they put the top screw in.

5. Member
    I know I'm in the minority,but I actually prefer the rod tubes. The 21 year model has the rod butt section of the holder but not the tubes. I'd be interested in the tube part of the rod holder from someone who took their's out of a cx 20.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    I left mine in. No problem for me. I have all my tackle in center and all my spinning rods in center box. I have oar, soft plastics, 2 throw cushions, rain suits, seat pestal in other box. The rod racks do come out easily. New 2021 Caymas boats are coming without rod racks, if wanted. Also longer box on steering side in 2021.
    So rods will fit in the 2021 models on the starboard side? Also since it seems you are representing them in some manner can you inquire if the rod tubes in the center box can go all the way across and not just the center area. Would be nice to fit a push pole and lure retriever on the sides and not cover up access to your tackle boxes in the middle area.

7. Member
    You can just allow for the items you mentioned, by putting less rods in the center box. The new 2021 caymas boats have enclosed tubes running up to the bow on both sides. Plenty of room for about everything.

8. Member
    Sounds good, thanks.