2010 Bass Cat Pantera II bow guard.

Good evening. I literally just bought a 2010 Pantera II today. The boat is in great condition. Previous/original owner really took care of it. Only problem the boat has is in front of the bow hook he chipped of the paint and gel. Few of the fiberglass is chipped. There is no hole or any leak inside the hull (I test drove it and checked the hull inside) I live a couple of hours from the Bass Cat factory in Midway, AR. I was told for a fee they will refiberglass and fix that issue I just need to send the picture to get a quote. It will be 2 or 3 months before I can do that. For now I was looking into getting one of those stainless steel bow guards to prevent more damage as I'm loading the boat. Does anybody know if the ones online are universal to every boat type? Or where can I find one specifically for the Pantera II? I really appreciate the input.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Don't have an answer for you on your question. But I think that is one of the rollers BCB recommends against for being to hard. That could contribute to the damage there.
    Last edited by lostone; 08-03-2020 at 09:16 PM.

3. Member
    Congrats on a very fine rig, as I also own a PII!
    As long as the glass is not exposed you should be fine until you get it fixed. Richard does fantastic work at BCB.
    Order this one from the Bass Cat store. Its the correct roller. It is softer and will prevent additional damage to the bow.
    https://www.basscatstore.com/bowroller.aspx

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Member
    lostone: Thank you for your input. I'll be replacing the roller.

5. Member
    Cajunhunter67: Thank you. This is my second boat, but first Bass Cat. I'm happy I purchased it. I spoke to Richard earlier this morning. He will be fixing the keel. Good thing I live a couple hours away from the Bass Cat factory. I'll be for sure ordering the correct roller. Besides those issues the boat is in great condition for a 10 year old boat. I cant wait to fish more out of it. Thank you again for the info.

The front (Forward) area of the bow eye is not usually being chipped by roller quality. Usually they have changed rollers and the gap allows exposure of the metal arms. We’ve even seen the ends removed and impacting it sideways, or falling into the exposed groove can abuse this damage. The Dual Roller arms are 3/8” cold steel and wider (thicker) than most. The rollers we install are not as solid as StoltZ rollers intentionally. We have seen Stoltz rollers cause damage in that area, usually from loading methods.

Well, after reviewing that image a second time and paying attention after the post below, The roller wore out and they continued to use it without a good contact to the urethane roller. It likely was bolt against Gelcoat.
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 08-05-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Definitely the wrong shaped roller on there. Likely the damage was caused by wearing through the original black roller (that doesn't spin), and contacting the through bolt. I replaced several black rollers on mine. Missed it wearing through last time, and now I have the same rash on my bow.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The front (Forward) area of the bow eye is not usually being chipped by roller quality. Usually they have changed rollers and the gap allows exposure of the metal arms. We’ve even seen the ends removed and impacting it sideways, or falling into the exposed groove can abuse this damage. The Dual Roller arms are 3/8” cold steel and wider (thicker) than most. The rollers we install are not as solid as StoltZ rollers intentionally. We have seen Stoltz rollers cause damage in that area, usually from loading methods.

Well, after reviewing that image a second time and paying attention after the post below, The roller wore out and they continued to use it without a good contact to the urethane roller. It likely was bolt against Gelcoat.
    THIS!
    depending on boat use, I replace my roller at least once a year. Once my boat is unloaded, I always check the bow roller. Sometimes it needs to be rotated. Once its been rotated and worn, it gets replaced.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs