Thread: Livesight Issue

Livesight Issue

I’m having an issue with my Livesight. The spike that's in the attached photo showing up at 5 to 5 ½ feet is showing up almost all the time in around less than ten feet of water. I have the sensitivity turned up to 90% in this photo and I have to turned it down to about 70% until it just clears off the screen. Besides the spike itself when shown no fish shows up on the other side of it. The spike doesn’t show up in deeper water. I used the original mount that came with the Livesight and I mounted it about 9 inches above the top of the trolling motor lower head to the bottom of the Livesight transducer. While I was on the water I did the coin leveling procedure to determine boat idle floating level for checking my 3-in-1 transducer floating level to my boat while at home. While I had my boat jacked up in my garage I deployed my trolling motor and checked its shaft for vertical level, it was really close to being right on. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    2 Screenshot_2020-06-04_16.21.54.png

2. Member
    On mine I have found 10" to be the minimum distance from the motor. I would try moving your transducer a little higher above the motor and see if this helps eliminate the signal bouncing off the motor housing.
    ciao,
    Marc

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    On mine I have found 10" to be the minimum distance from the motor. I would try moving your transducer a little higher above the motor and see if this helps eliminate the signal bouncing off the motor housing.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. I never thought about the signal bouncing off the trolling motor, thanks again.