Do it midwest finess

I recently purchased to do it Midwest finesse jig mold. For some reason I cannot get this one molds to pour correctly. I poured six different molds tonight and that one constantly gave me problems. The mold cavity will not fill up for me. I appreciate any advice.

2. Member
    Sounds like it needs the venting modified a little. Contact do-it Monday morning & they'll take care of you. I have one of them & have never had a bad shot so i'm sure it's something pretty simple. You could also ask about it on tackleunderground.com or custom baits forum & somebody will know exactly what it needs.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Sounds like it needs the venting modified a little. Contact do-it Monday morning & they'll take care of you. I have one of them & have never had a bad shot so i'm sure it's something pretty simple. You could also ask about it on tackleunderground.com or custom baits forum & somebody will know exactly what it needs.
    Thank you for your help, I appreciate your advice! I'll contact Do-it molds in on Monday morning

4. Member
    Thank you for the idea, I ended up gluing a small piece of paper in between the two sides, worked like a charm, was able to pour without any problems.

5. Member
    Maybe i didn't understand exactly what the problem was, but what did the paper have to do with it?

Maybe i didn't understand exactly what the problem was, but what did the paper have to do with it?
    It puts a gap between the mold halves to let the air vent out better... Some use electrical tape. I'm not a fan of this as it can show the seam more. I prefer to vent the area where the hook comes out of the lead on the opposite side of the sprue. Just making the hook slot bigger and let the mold close all the way.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Member
    Mike summed it up exactly. I was also worries about the mold leaking, but I used one slice of printer paper and it worked perfectly, with no leaks.

image posting

8. Moderator
    Cool tip.

9. Member
    Mike you know way to much about this stuff.