Which 360 for motor guide tour pro?

I know it’s a tuff question to answer since no one has one yet but I believe it’s the same size shaft and mounting should be the same as the new Tour .. which mega 360 would be the appropriate one to order ?
    <IG> Seb2fn

2. Member
    Just curious. You are saying the mounting bracket for the mega 360 would have the same three bolt pattern that fits the Ultrex for the Tour? If not you would need an after market bracket if available or you would have to fabricate one.

The Fortrex shaft is about 1 3/4" in diameter. If the Motor Guide Tour Pro has the same upper shaft size as the X5, the Fortrex version will work.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The Fortrex shaft is about 1 3/4" in diameter. If the Motor Guide Tour Pro has the same upper shaft size as the X5, the Fortrex version will work.
    Deleted due to accidentally double posting
    Last edited by bombercraw; 08-03-2020 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Accidentally double posted

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The new MotorGuide Tours have a 2 inch upper shaft. I recently have been thinking about upgrading my old tour 82 to the new tour 82. I could not get a clear answer out of motorguide regarding the upper shaft diameter, so I actually went by a Bass Pro store with a set of calipers and measured one myself. Definitely 2 inch diameter. So, that being the case, a person would have to come up with a creative way to mount a 360 on these new tours using some other type of bracketing.

6. Member
    Awesome thank you, more and more reason I may just buy a dam Ultrex and just call it a day :/
    <IG> Seb2fn

Quote Originally Posted by seb2fn View Post
    Awesome thank you, more and more reason I may just buy a dam Ultrex and just call it a day :/
    I am still leaning toward sticking with the MotorGuide tour as an upgrade and finding a creative way to mount the 360 to that 2" upper shaft. I used to run Minn Kota's for years and had nothing but constant trouble with them i.e., foot control cables breaking, speed coils shorting out, foot pedal switches going out, wiring shorts in the head due to contact with the turning sprocket etc. I finally gave up on Minn Kota and went to MotorGuide and my woes ended. I have had the current MotorGuide Digital Tour 82 since 2004 and have had absolutely zero issues with it. I would be hopeful that Minn Kota has improved their quality over the years, but i am still a bit gun shy to take a chance, especially given the cost of these things these days. I have seen many complaints on those Ultrex models which continues to make me leery of the Minn Kota brand.

8. Banned
    At this point,age and time I don't need a trolling motor that is smarter than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    At this point,age and time I don't need a trolling motor that is smarter than I am.
    LOL. I share that same opinion :-)