Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

USA If your thinking about going to Litiums TM batteries

Do it!! 36V on a 2019 Phoenix 20Xp with ultrex. I'm hard on TM batteries. No matter what I get or do, they last me 1.5 years max. Just switched to Ionic 100 AH. Took it to the river and put them to test. There's a good hole that I normally have to keep the TM on speed 6 just to stay in one spot. Normally I can only fish there 2 hours max. Not a problem with the ones I got. 50AH probably would have been sufficient but I'm tired of buying batteries and went overkill. I burned the bank, up current throwing a whopper plopper 8 hours. When I got home, I still had 81% battery life per their bluetooth app.. What I really enjoy is, the speed is always the same on the dial setting. No more 4 in the morning and 6 an hour later to maintain same speed. Since I got the bigger batteries, I only lost 81 pounds. Holeshot is ridiculous with the 4 stroke 250.. I did notice the transom floats an inch higher... Anyway, I'm not sponsored or associated to Ionic anyway. Just thought anyone who is on the fence, should do it! In fact, they should come standard in new bass boats.

2. Member
    After today, Jamie Hartman may disagree with your assessment.

3. Member
    So which ones did you go with?100ah or 125ah?

4. Member
    I have the 125ah batteries in mine and love them
    I've never seen below 75 percent at end of a long hard day

5. Member
    When they are proven to last ten years and are available for no more than twice the price of a quality lead battery and if I have a need for batteries I will be game.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    When they are proven to last ten years and are available for no more than twice the price of a quality lead battery and if I have a need for batteries I will be game.
    Same here
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

7. Member
    And you spent?

8. Member
    What group size and type of battery were you using, don't care about mfg name. Then how much did you spend for lith.

One of Hartman's 100AH Dakota crapped out, they switched his Ghost to 24v to get him going again. I just ordered 3 50 AH Ionics, hope they're plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Some day they may be twice the price of a quality AGM but they will never be just twice the price of a lead acid battery.

P01135809

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    Some day they may be twice the price of a quality AGM but they will never be just twice the price of a lead acid battery.
    So $350 each is a realistic target?

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    So $350 each is a realistic target?
    350 -450 and I will buy if from an established company

P01135809

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    One of Hartman's 100AH Dakota crapped out, they switched his Ghost to 24v to get him going again. I just ordered 3 50 AH Ionics, hope they're plenty.
    If Hartman was running Ionics, he would have been able to determine he had a bad battery and switch the trolling motor setting to 24v in less than 2 minutes. He lost 90 minutes because he couldn’t determine what the issue was.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

Running Ionics, 3 x 50ah and 1 X 125H along with the PowerPole Charge. 3 x 12” Garmins, LiveScope, 36v Ultrex and Poles. Amazing is all I can say... lost 180#s total. Fished 5 days on Pickwick with moderate runs each day and a fair amount of idling, last day was a tournament.. still, I never once plugged my boat, not a single time in over 5 days.

I am a lithium/ Ionic fan!
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    AGM batteries are lead batteries. When I think of a quality lead battery I think of a decent AGM battery.

16. Member
    Not to hijack this thread, but, if I have lithium batteries on a 36v system and one goes bad can I throw a regular lead acid battery in there to get me by?

17. Member
    I’m running ionics in mine and love them also. Like a favorite rod reel combo and or bait they have increased my confidence. Just my opinion but sounds to me like Hartman needs to get better acquainted with the workings of his boat.

18. Member
    Yes you can......

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    After today, Jamie Hartman may disagree with your assessment.

what happened
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

20. Member
    Did u have a spare troller and cranking installed when u bought them? Is ur insurance set high on ur boat? These are 2 to consider cause u will have issues with them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast