RecTec Grill First Cook

If the chicken thighs and wings turn out as good as this grill smells while cooking, I've spent my money well!

2. Member
    Wife ordered me a RT-590 for my birthday. Supposed to be here Monday. Let us know how it turns out.

Did some chicken wings and thighs. Turned out very well as far as the cooking part went. The two different commercially made flavorings were ok, but not my favorite. The grill is awesome and does better than l really expected it to. Unbelievable temperature control! Using a RecTec is definitely a lazy man's grill. Just about too easy! Only issue you might have is WiFi connectivity depending on your router. If you do, I'm sure there's several on here including me now, that can help you with this minor issue. RecTec certainly does their part in customer support. If they miss your call, even if you didn't leave a message, they will call you back in a very short time!

4. Member
    Had mine for a few weeks now. I've cooked a myriad of things on it but my favorite thus far is the burgers on the griddle I added when ordering. Everything has been very good. Have cooked a couple of butts and it was super easy. Will be trying my first brisket this week. Best thing is to download the traeger app and use their recipes. They have a whole lot more than Rec Tec app.
    Joey Aderhold

Smokin baby backs today. Been an expensive weekend! Having fun grilling and eating though!

I have the Rec Tec 340, I have cooked several different things and all has been good so far! I love mine!!
    Well.......... thinking bout something for the weekend now...

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEO COBRA 98 View Post
    I have the Rec Tec 340, I have cooked several different things and all has been good so far! I love mine!!
    Well.......... thinking bout something for the weekend now...
    Pizzas are awesome on these grills!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    Wife ordered me a RT-590 for my birthday. Supposed to be here Monday. Let us know how it turns out.

Well now that I've had it almost a month all I can say is I should have bought one years ago. Only down side is I'm probably going to get fat as a house as much as I'm cooking on it.

Theres lots of good recipes on YouTube. I finally found out that drying the wings and then put them in a bag with some oil and the dry rub. Then I cook at 275 and sauce in the last 10 minutes or so. Turns out pretty good.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw