old version 1.460

If anyone has the old version for a Helix 9 DI/GPS please let me know..... I updated my Gen 1 to the 1.90 version and sometimes my unit locks up on a depth reading of 1.9 and I have to restart it, so I want to go back to version 1.460 never had a problem like I had today with version 1.90.

2. Member
    Well contact HB and was told it was my hull transducer losing bottom reading, only problem is.. its the unit on my trolling motor unit and told them I did not have a problem on the water on thursday.. updated on friday.. Saturday morning i had the problem, only thing that I changed was installing the 1.90 update. so they ask me to send my SERIAL number to them.. Done...so waiting for a response from HB... In the mean time I still had a copy of my last undate.. 1.460 so I rolled back my gen 1 helix9 SI KVD at console.... no problem and no lock up on 1.9 reading depth. So I'm still looking for the update for my helix9 di/gps unit at the bow and waiting for a response. I asked HB if they could just send me the 1.460 file and was told they don't like to do that since it might brick my unit ... well I rolled back my SI unit at the console and it was fine, did that before they told me that... Didn't brick it, so I'm guessing i got lucky. But my bow unit is still locking up with a reading of 1.9 feet So hoping HB can help or telling me what I need to do.... If not guess I'll be looking for a unit bow unit (don't know what brand)...

3. Member
    Generally safe to revert back to an earlier version provided it isn't earlier than what was delivered on the unit when new or unless they specify a restriction in the notes. The DI models seemed to have had a little more of a problem with depth performance than the SI models. I'm using the Gen1 SI models and using 1.9 and seldom have a problem with depth. Never really had a problem prior to 1.9 but decided to stick with 1.9 due to other enhancements primarily related with I-pilot Link. Have you tried adjusting Max Depth setting closer to actual depth?
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

4. Member
    I haven't yet .... Found that out about the max depth adjustment after doing some research, so I'll do that and wait to see what HB says too thanks

5. Member
    does anyone have one of the older update.... other than 1.9.... please

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdrop View Post
    I haven't yet .... Found that out about the max depth adjustment after doing some research, so I'll do that and wait to see what HB says too thanks
    It works pretty well while you're in that depth. Trouble is, you have to keep changing the max depth if you're moving around an area with steep breaks, traveling through varying depths when you move to another spot or worst of all, mapping structure with 20' or more of depth changes. In short, it's a PITA anytime you aren't sticking to a single depth range for the day. But it's better than reading 1.9 all day long.

My advice to anyone who isn't having trouble, don't update your unit for at least a year after the update comes out. I waited six months and read as many posts as I could find looking for trouble. Should have waited for a full summer of beta testing by others in areas that had been iced over.

7. Member
    Thanks....... HB was able to give me the 1.460 version for both SI and DI units...... The also sent me 1.640 to try..... I rolled by my units to 1.460 and might try to update to 1.640 later on and then maybe 1.90 if all loads well. Thanks