Summer riding gear.

For you guys that insist on safety gear in the summer what type of jacket are you wearing? I'm trying to be more responsible then I use to be but it is hot down here. We have had heat indexes at 110-115 degrees. Looking to buy a mesh jacket with armor and maybe some riding jeans. Gloves also. I'm covered for cool weather riding but need to be safer in the heat.

2. Member
    I wear a jacket like you describe Mine has a rain coat liner you can zip and or out. I put that back in for winter. I have over pants, but in the summer I normally wear heavy pants, boots, and a pair of Harley Davidson vented gloves.

My jacket and helmet are black and bright green.

My big Harleys would roast you no matter what. My current BMW Adventure big is WAYYYYYY cooler.

3. Member
    I got riding pants on ebay. Cargo pants. All I wear riding. Got reflective pants on my wish list. ICON has a nice mesh style jacket that is on my list. Plenty of lightweight gloves and shoes on ebay. I have the ICON arm sleeves and the under wear that is very nice. I have an armored vest by speed and strength. My latest helmet, airframe pro, has plenty of vents which seem to do very little.
    Good YouTube stuff by fornine?? Talks about hot weather riding gear.

4. Member
    I use a Harley Davidson FXRG Switchback, zip in rain liner, zip in heat liner, zip off outer liner over a mesh jacket. And a lifetime warranty!

https://www.sturgisharleydavidson.co...UaAvPEEALw_wcB

I bought a mesh jacket with the armor inserts when Victory was clearing everything out. It is a 4XL that I picked up when I got my Gunner in 2017.
    The only problem is..I’ve lost 90 lbs over the last year. So it’s not a bad thing (I lost weight!), the problem is the armor fits rather loose now.
    But the helmet, gloves, boots and pants have been updated so far.

Just bought a Harley light jacket myself that has pockets for armor if you want to add it. Also has zippers in the under arm area. Still too hot to wear though. I always like to ride in short sleeves buy always long pants and boots.